Keep yours eyes on the ground........

stillgottawork

Jun 6, 2008
New York
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT , Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some times you don't need a detector......
I was walking to work with my friend the other day , talking about that days sports,weather and world problems. As we said goodbye for the night ,i looked at the area where he had just passed and noticed a strange piece of paper. I had to wait for the traffic to pass so i took the extra 5 steps to see what it was. To my suprise it was a $20 dollar bill...(no, he didn't drop it.) The traffic finally stopped, so i made my way across the street. Like always...my eye were looking on the ground again. To my left i saw something on the ground and went to take a look...I looked down and couldn't believe what i saw..........another $20 dollar bill......(this is better than work). Just to make sure no more bill's were floating around, i looked in both directions for about 50ft....Well no more money was out there...$20 bucks was good , but $40 bucks was great.....Hope you get as lucky as i did........HH........Mike

Upvote 0

Ozzygold

Jan 9, 2008
Australia
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites PI Surf
Found a 20 once and it was great, so you must be feeling pretty damn lucky!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, if I ever found $40, you better beleave I would go to the grocery store and buy the biggest steak they had!!!! Treat yourself to something that you wouldn't normially get. Congrats!!! :thumbsup:

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Twice last year I found large cash in unmarked envelopes. One in a parking lot under my left front tire, it had 199.00 cash in it. And the other was a supposedly empty cigarette box, it had 100.00 in twenties in it..... Thank You litterbug :thumbsup:

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
That was a great find! I'm always on the lookout for stuff on the ground. I have found 40.00 before as well but it was together and in a parking lot. I could sure use $40 bucks right about now! I can't tell you how many times I've turned my car around for a second look at something in the road.

WTG! :thumbsup:

HH,
Moon

Apr 27, 2008
rhode island
Detector(s) used
titan 1000 xd
cool. you are so lucky. :o i usually look down anyway... by looking down, i've found coins, a smiley face bouncy-ball, a ring (semi-junky) and a stuffed pig... the funny thing about the ring i found a # of years ago was that i have one exactly like it that i bought for $12 at an odd little store in vermont. so i know the ring is not the best...

sparkymaster

Feb 21, 2005
South Ogden, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX-XLT-M-6
That's a great story!

Congrats on the finds!

This reminds me of a story.

When I was about 12, me and a friend was riding our bikes in the parking lot of the local Albertsons grocery store. There was just a skiff of snow on the ground, maybe 2" so we were going along through the parking lot seeing who could make the longest skid mark in the snow. As I was watching my friend take his turn something caught my eye right next to the cart holder. I went over to see what it was, I picked it up and to our supprise there was $145.00 in food stamps. This was way before they came out with the card they have now so it was actual money denominations, 1's 5's 10's 20's in these packet like holder things. BOY did we live it up for the next few weeks. I never ate so many sunflower seeds and tootsie rolls in my life. We hid the food stamps in my shed and bought candy and junk food every day until it was gone.

sparkymaster

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ROTFL... :D Yeah, ;D

I think most of us have a story like these or two. My cousins, sister and I would go to the mall when we visit as kids and my one cousin would find money on a weekly bases. I gave a bum $10 once and found $11 five min later in another store.

Nice Score,

Keep @ it and HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions