newport beach/huntington beach morning hunt. silver,clad,cellphones,reward

pistol perfect

Feb 7, 2008
southern california
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug pro
hit newport at 2:30am and my friend found a touch screen cell phone the first 3 minutes we got there!!!!!!! it was only about 1 inch deep in dry sand. 2 minutes after that we got kicked off the beach because you are not allowed on the beach untill 6am?????? so we went down to huntington and just detected around the boardwalk..... I found a 925 bracelet,2:45 in clad. we tryed to locate the owner of the phone by calling his last calls and no luck on contacting him????? so we started going home and the owner of the phone called and said that phone is his life and he needs it back asap!!!!!!!!! so we got off of the freeway and meet him at a gas station. he pulled up and said here is a 100 bucks!!!!!!!!! my friend is very happy today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• beach 058.jpg
    beach 058.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 759
  • beach 071.jpg
    beach 071.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 754
  • beach 083.jpg
    beach 083.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 752
  • beach 091.jpg
    beach 091.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 750
  • beach 067.jpg
    beach 067.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 738
  • beach 069.jpg
    beach 069.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 744
Upvote 0

Africa

Apr 27, 2008
Queenstown South Africa
$100 for that old scrap looking cell phone, in our money that is close to R1000. he sure must have some special numbers on that phone, I see you also find lots of pull tabs and bottle caps, here on The South Afrocan beaches they also drink a lot, this trash really gives me the >:( feeling, but people will be people no matter where they live, yes you can discriminate against this trash, but then what will you miss?

That beach in the pic, where is it and what country? The sand sure looks nice and soft.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
wow that was a nice reward! congrats on the find and doing the right thing

stillgottawork

Jun 6, 2008
New York
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT , Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not only did you make that guys day by returning his phone , I bet that $100 made your day also...way to go ..... :thumbsup:

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa!!! :o Congrats to your friend! :thumbsup: GREAT bracelet too!!

Nana :)

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:thumbsup:
That silver will look awesome in your treasure chest.WTG.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

S

stefen

Africa said:
$100 for that old scrap looking cell phone, in our money that is close to R1000. he sure must have some special numbers on that phone, I see you also find lots of pull tabs and bottle caps, here on The South Afrocan beaches they also drink a lot, this trash really gives me the >:( feeling, but people will be people no matter where they live, yes you can discriminate against this trash, but then what will you miss?

That beach in the pic, where is it and what country? The sand sure looks nice and soft.

Orange County California...

I can remember when there were donkey-type oil well derricks, end to end, along this portion of the coast, up to a mile or so inland.

Of all of the beaches along the LA / Orange County coast, Huntington Beach has probably the coldest air temps but warm seas.

Robin

Apr 21, 2008
Nice Silver coins you found,
Yeah I used to live in Huntington Beach, my grandmother had land there
on delwear st with 3 oil wells on her 5 acers of land.

Did you get to detect around the palateum ? It was an old dance and band building
neer the pier. I to remember the oil wells as far as you could see.
There must be some lost gold rings there somewhere, or diamond rings !
Keep looking ! Nice find on the Cell phone and $100.

LOL ! Robin

Marius

Jun 24, 2008
California
Detector(s) used
minelab x-terra 70
Hi
Congrats
Ya bro dont go to our HB and N.P beaches before 6am its funny but u may get not only kicked but they may put u on hold so u will remember,been there done that.

Congrats on reward.
Marius
HB

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That turned out to be a great day, and some people don't even give you a thanks you some times...

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on the reward! That first photo brings back memories. i used to work out there many years ago. Those were the days!

B

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread