Hunted 1887 luther Burbank park/beach again for the 2nd time with my SE! :)

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Today I went to Luther Burbank Park again. As from my other posts it’s a beach as well. The park was founded in 1887 and then became a college around the early 1900’s. I have been coming back to this park trying to find the old coins and silver but so far no luck. I have gotten some pretty good finds out of the park though!

As many of you know from my other posts. I have had a lot of luck on my side as it comes with toy cars. I hunted the Front left side entrance first for a little while and got a pocket coin spill. Out of the area came 3 quarters that were all next to each other. Then I picked up a couple dimes here and there.

I then decided that there was nothing really much at the front entrance to work with. I moved onto the other side of the park where there was a beach that many people went to. I metal detected there for about an hour and a half. While in the sand I kept getting penny signal after penny signal… FER was 3 and COND was 26-27. I thought every single time I would dig up a penny but it turned out that I dug up car after car. I then ended up with six cars from the sand. People started to come and wanted to enjoy the beach so; I then moved my detecting to the grass. This is where I found my second pocket coin spill of the day. 2 quarters, 1 nickel, 1 penny. To say the least I was pretty excited. I also found a key and a dolphin pendent.

Maybe one Day when I am detecting this 1887 Park/beach that is still being used a lot today. Then I should be able to find something really good! :)

3 hour hunt by the way....

I hope everyone else got and enjoyed the Nice Sunny Sunday! :)

Totals:

5 quarters
3 dimes
1 nickel
11 pennies
1 key
6 toy cars
1 dolphin pendent
and one stainless steel spoon

DSCF0269.jpg

DSCF0272.jpg

Upvote 0

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool digs, WTG.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice finds :wink: and finding all those cars you might have to start a used car lot :thumbsup: i find a few of those myself and keep them in a box :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread