Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 hours today after work in modern park near my home. Worked around the edges of the pool area which is enclosed by a chainlink fence. I was hoping to come up with a ring which had escaped it's owners finger, and had migrated into my search area. I came up with 25 1c, 1 Canadian 1c, 3 5c, 6 10c, 84 pulltabs, and sundry other junk - no rings this time.

Upvote 0

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Anytime you get that much junk out of the way it's a good hunt! Once you're sure you've cleared the area of junk and goodies, go full power, all metal mode and see what's hiding in the deep! I've been working a few areas that are nickel and tab heavy, seems there was too much discriminating by other MD'ers that preceded me. Once cleared of htese things, I can still find older, deeper stuff which was masked by the junk they would not dig.

OP
OP
Slingshot

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like those worked out areas!

Yeah, this is the way I have learned to dig - clean it out - pulltabs, copper wire, steel nails, scrap iron, etc. There is a whole new world of old coins hiding under all that trash, and many times it's not that deep either! So the next time I hunt around the edge of this pool it will require less effort, as I won't have to remove 10 years accumulation of junk, and it might produce a ring or two. In the old parks no one but newbies hunt in because everybody knows it's a waste of time - because they are cleaned out - I slowley clean out sections of all the trash & and then get the hidden goodies that have been masked all these years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread