First jewellery/ silver find

precise26

Feb 13, 2008
I went to practice md in my back after testing and getting to know my detector at home so I would not dig so much garbage. Low an behold I got a nice smooth signal that was not junk sounding at all. So I dug. About 5-6 inches deep, out popped a 925 italian silver necklace! 14.7 grams about 14" in length.
I was very happy to seeit as my first jewellery find. Infact, it is my second worthy find since I got my MD about 5 months ago.

Attachments

• IMG_2745.JPG
    IMG_2745.JPG
    184 KB · Views: 524
  • IMG_2750.JPG
    IMG_2750.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 519
Upvote 0

silvergirl

Jul 12, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
prizm IV and MXT
;DWhat a way to start out. Are you just getting started,or just with this metal detector. Super find.

OP
OP
P

precise26

Feb 13, 2008
This would be my first detector other then something i had when I was a kid. Had it from my uncle when I lived in tha projects, lol. Needless to say it was gone in 20 mins of use!

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Who are these people that loose fine jewelry in their own yard? Does that not seem odd to anyone else? I know that I would notice a neclace that large and exspensive was missing in my yard. I understand the dimes and change and kids jewelry but I want to know why these people couldnt have ever lived in the house I live in? I is just depressing.

Well good find and I wish you many more.

Ian

OP
OP
P

precise26

Feb 13, 2008
The detector I am using is a tesoro Cibola. Surprisingly good machine, considering that it looks like a cheap toy. And no I do not wear big chains, nor does anyone in my family. The house has been in tha family for aprox 55-60 years. Any ideas on what that may be worth? Ive seen similar chains on ebay, but non quite like this 1. The unique thing is that the chain stays straight with its links. There is no curve between each link, which seems to be the closest I could find to this chain. Any ideas?

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Pretty deep for a chain like that, but an excellent find! Gotta hit the neighbors yards now, eh? Someone might be playing chain Santa on your block and leaving them who knows where else?

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find!!! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread