Colonial Musketball Spill + Other Colonial Artifacts

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Zoyboys,

I got out today with my relatives to my brother's latest site. :D He is on a roll this year with productive coppa sites. :D Well, as you may not know :D, I didn't find any coppas today, but I did find some targets. :D

After my zoyncle found his Draped Bust largies, I decided to infiltrate in his area and was welcomed with a mid-screen reading on my ANALOG! :D Well, after some digging, I recovered 4 dropped musketballs from the same hole. Some dude was sitting on the edge of the "utt" and they rolled out. :D I was hoping for a coppa to be in the hole with them, but nope. :D

After a couple more hours, I found an 1873 Indian Head, 1891 IH at 7", and a ? IH. >:( :D Oh well, they ain't coppas, but what the hell! :D Check out the pic for more da-tails. :D

Keep the passion high! :thumbsup:

Kirk

P.S. This site is a grassy area. :D

PIC00010.jpg

Upvote 0

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello Kirk!! How'ya doin', my friend?

I see your bro and uncle got a mess of large Coppas, while you ended up with a mess of m-balls. ;D

Sounds like it was a very exciting day in the grass with each swing of the coil.

Check out your '73 IH. There's some variations of that year, which could prove to be more valuable.

I'm having visions of a spill of Spanish Wilvers in your future.
Keep The Passion High, my friend from PA.

CAPTN SE
Dan

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk,
Glad to see you guys posting again. Congrats to all of you for finding the site & getting permission. The Chinese food was icing on the cake. :thumbsup: You have some VERY respectable finds there big guy. I'd be d-mn proud coming home with those.
You guys scored a lot of IH's from that site already too. One question though.....what is the "modern" Merc doing in your picture? :icon_scratch:
I'm figuring you just let them have a head start on the old coppa this week, and the next hunt will be yours. :wink:
-Doug-

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Kirk, it looks like you had a real good relic kind of week. Musketball after musketball.Dropped even. That injun could be a special one dude. Check into that. Next week can't get here fast enough for us. Thanks for the Chinese . It fueled the permission mission. I'll talk to you later Snoop.
Uncle Zeus

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some very nice finds Kirk :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I bet large coppas are waiting for you when you go back. Merf

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To bad you didn't find any good coins :wink:, but you did find some great relics, congrats, next week will be your week. HH!

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
British dragoon charging at ya , you prime your musket , shove the wad down the barrel , and go to grab a fresh musketball and ...AND ...DAMN ! where are ye musketballs I made last night by ye fire ????? Bummer :sad5:

I always love finding musketballs ... I have a 20 space tray I keep them in and marked where found.

Great finds Kirk...The spoon is a cool relic too :occasion14:

Go POUND the new site !!

Derek 8)

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs Kirk. I see some colonial coppa's in your very near future. You guys must have a blast huntin' together.

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
even though they weren't what you wanted, still some great finds kirk, and i'm sure you had a great time digging them

take care,

kevin

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Even on a "bad" day, according to our standards, you still excavated a spill of musketballs, yanked out 3 Injuns, yanked out a gilted button, yanked out a wilver dime, and found handfuls of Colonial relics. :icon_sunny: You are a true pro...in my eyes, oyster boy. :D OOOOF

I hope you get the 8 reales at this site. OOOOF :D

Lemons

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey "Brutha" Great FINDS! And after the other day of finding 4 LC's in 15 minutes....YOU ARE SITTIN PURDY right now

and I would say that you are "ahead of the game" :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Besides, many people consider this the off

season so you could look at all this as "EXTRA CREDIT" ;D ;D ;D. I know for myself, I sure love the EXTRA CREDIT that

summer hunting affords me. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread