Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silverfreak's got a NEW pic...5 Hour hunt gave me LOTS of goodies today

Well niterider_58 and I were supposed to hunt today...but he punked me out. ??? Something called "work" he said. ;D
While he is still waiting on his minelab pro coil which seems to have been on backorder since the summer of '67 ;D ....I'm still cruisin' along with the SEF and 1050. Seriously though..I can't wait for his coil to come in so we can do some side by side comparisons...but heck...I just hope I'm not to old to hunt by the time it gets here. ::)
I ventured to see my parents today and visited a park that still produces after 30 years of poundin'. Problem is that it's about to become "off limits" because other hunters keep leaving holes and NOT filling them in. >:( It sure as heck isn't me...because I only get to hunt there 2 or 3 times each year. I had 2 different town people come up and tell me there have been some people hunting it quite often...and that they were leaving big holes. Because of this...the town is considering passing an ordinance banning detecting. :'( Wonderful....I now may not even be able to hunt my OWN hometown park because people are coming in all the time and NOT filling in their holes. >:( Hey... parks are fair game to anyone...so have a good time ...and good luck hunting. However...if you're going to leave unfilled holes...and mess things up for the rest of us....PLEASE STAY OUT OF MY PARK. >:( >:( >:(
Sorry for venting...but I can't stand it when hunters leave unfilled holes and just toss their trash next to the unfilled hole. It takes about 2 seconds to stick the trash into your pouch...then throw it away at the end of the hunt. I won't even hunt with people who leave the place in worse condition than when we got there. I always do my best to fill my holes in...so I guess I just expect everyone else to try and do the same. I can't tell you how many holes that were left by other hunters...that I stopped to fill. I also lost count of the amount of trash from other hunters that I stuck into my pouch because they had left it next to a messy hole. >:(
Anyway...other than that it was a nice 5 hours with pretty steady ...but deep, iffy signals. I got a SWEET silver pocket spill at 9" which turned out to be a 1919 Merc and a 1914 Barber dime. :thumbsup: The signal really jumped around ...but stayed in the high tone...so I think one of them was on edge.
About 20 minutes later I got another goofy hit...but again it pretty much stayed high tone. The cursor also skipped around the top right for the most part...so I dug. Out popped 2 wheaties. I ran the probe in the hole again...and got a nice very high hit. Out popped the 1942 merc. Two multi coin holes in one hunt...pretty cool. :D
I then came upon a 20 foot section that was full of pulltabs...but they were deep...so I concentrated and listened for anything that peeped. Well...after finishing that 20 foot section...I had 2 1800's injuns in my pouch ...along with a third 1902 injun. :thumbsup:
Plugged along for another couple of hours and popped out a couple more wheaties and the silver roosey...all from 7" to 8".
Right before quitting...I got a sweet high tone bouncer...but the signal stayed sweet all the way around the hole. I dug down about 8" and then ran the probe. I got a solid high squeaker...so dug down another 2" and out popped the 1926 merc from 10" down. :thumbsup: A nice way to end the hunt. I ended up with 5 silver...3 injuns...and a handful of wheaties. I can only hope it isn't the last time I get to hunt the park. Problem is ...when people don't fill in their holes...we all know it ruins it for the rest of us.

Attachments

• coins78.jpg
    coins78.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1,427
Upvote 0

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Re: 5 Hour hunt gave me LOTS of goodies today

Sounds like you got a haul today on the silver dimes and indian head pennies and wheat pennies! Congrats!!! :) It still amazes me that you and other Minelab Explorer SE users know your machines so well! I hope I can be as good as you and Captn_SE...one day with my explorer. You guys are truley my idols! :) I hope that people don't ruin the hobby for all of us at treasure net.

Filling in holes is always important! Remember people fill in your holes!!! :thumbsup:

Anyways... I hope the new SE pro coil works out for you! I can't wait to see your comparisons! :thumbsup:

RONC(OR)

Aug 28, 2006
Eugene ,OR
Detector(s) used
Etrac/ X-8-X-1/ /Excalibur 2/AuqaHog ~yayer

Bryce he isnt alone I am waiting for my se pro coil also hope it gets here soon :icon_pirat: HH RonC

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT

Nice silver and wheatie hunt.... :thumbsup:. Understand your frustration on folks leaving open holes and trash behind them, would like to...... :violent1: a couple of times.

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Detectingfreak said:
Sounds like you got a haul today on the silver dimes and indian head pennies and wheat pennies! Congrats!!! :) It still amazes me that you and other Minelab Explorer SE users know your machines so well! I hope I can be as good as you and Captn_SE...one day with my explorer. You guys are truley my idols! :) I hope that people don't ruin the hobby for all of us at treasure net.

Filling in holes is always important! Remember people fill in your holes!!! :thumbsup:

Anyways... I hope the new SE pro coil works out for you! I can't wait to see your comparisons! :thumbsup:
Thanks D.F. I appreciate your kind words.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Silverfreak's got a NEW pic...5 Hour hunt gave me LOTS of goodies today

man you are da man!

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland

Wow! I wouldn't have been able to stop
with all of those coins coming out of the ground!!!

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado

Hello SF!
We're going to have to begin referring to you as Capt. SEF! :)

Those oldies are really cool! Great job!

Skunks and other critters leave a lot of holes open!
But, they generally walk on four legs. :)

GRB

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

Way to go . Super nice finds. I always enjoy digging IH pennies.
Dman

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

A great hunt!

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer

Now that is some great digs. Wow, keep it up. jgas :)

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds in a well hunted park! Nothing I hate worse than a "dirty hole". Cleaning up after someone...(aka) Sloppy Seconds. LOL.... Hang in there Silver! :thumbsup:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

You'll have these "type" of people Bryce...Unfortunately you can't use those word's here anymore :tard:'s With you behind the SE there's no stopping you anyway.....Excellent group of coinage buddy!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

49er said:
Nice silver and wheatie hunt.... :thumbsup:. Understand your frustration on folks leaving open holes and trash behind them, would like to...... :violent1: a couple of times.
Thanks 49er. Yes it gets very frustrating ???

RONC(OR) said:
Bryce he isnt alone I am waiting for my se pro coil also hope it gets here soon :icon_pirat: HH RonC
Thanks Ron. Hope your coil gets here soon buddy.

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Bryce ~ You clean up good my man ~ Nick went for the full crew cut last week too silverfreeekin hot ... :thumbsup:

Your cleaning up the park too ...Rock On and put the bad boys in their place ... :whip2:

That is one of the reasons I kinda stick to Private ground ...

Luv Ya Man Continue to Persevere & Congratulations on the Righteous Coinage ~ Nick
Thanks Nick..my brother. I wore this new "cut" for 15 years when I was a bouncer at a nightclub back in the early 90's....so i feel like I'm right back at home. Good to hear form you brother. Maybe before too long we can dig some righteous goodies together in St' Louis :thumbsup:

Mr_Mojo_Risin

Apr 29, 2008
Eau Claire, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

The trash pickin' served you well- sounds like you could do no wrong. Some days I couldn't hit a donkey in the arse with a banjo and you hit paydirt. GFY

Marc(NB)

Apr 21, 2008
N.B. Canada
Detector(s) used
currently use Sov XS2A Pro,Ace 250,past detectors Garrett 1000 PM,Whites Prizm 2,Fisher 1280X,Tesoro Golden Umax

love the patina on the IH! The ones I dig up here are in rough shape,great silvers! :thumbsup:

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You are my new hero! That one picture represents pretty much my best finds to date. I need to find some of these old parks like you cats dig in. We have a couple of sort of old parks in Charlotte, N.C. and I've found several mercs at one of them, but nothing like that.
I can relate to what you are saying about the holes some people leave. It makes me sick. I spend more time cleaning up other peoples messes than I spend detecting.
Keep hunting, you are finding some great stuff!!

Ramapirate

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Nice job Bryce :thumbsup: And the new look fits you well..sure does feel good to have shorter hair in the summertime.

Awesome coinage you found..too bad about the talk of an ordinance. A permit would be so much better than being banned altogether, but I guess that's something your city has to decide ??? Maybe there's a way responsible people like you can get a special pass or something that will keep you hunting your parks in the years to come.

Good luck,
Nat

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

it's the new look harley man !!! looks good buddy !!!

great finds too - there's another barber dime !!!! i cringe everytime i see one now, i still have NEVER found one !!!!

take care

kevin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions