TWO AMAZING FINDS TODAY!!! ONE MAKES MY SON A HERO

L

lovedigging

This morning was our 6th day on vacation and when I got up at 6am it was raining like crazy! I almost rolled over and went back to sleep but decided the beach was where I needed to be. I figured since I had my new Excaliber II it was waterproof so what the heck. I hunted for about 2 hours and came up with lots of change, 2 earrings, and my first engraved 14K gold wedding band, My sixth ring this week. I noticed it was engraved with their names and the date of their wedding, plus "I love you". Pretty cool. I decided to try and locate the owners as I found it in a resort area, close to a hotel. My son and I went to the closest houses, then the hotel. Spent about an hour doing this... The lady at the hotel desk thought I was going to just leave it with her as they had a supposed report of a missing ring. After checking with housekeeping, and no one really willing to talk to me, I decided to leave my name and phone number with instructions to have the people missing a ring contact me. If they ever contact me, I'm sure they will be able to describe certain identifying marks on it. I am hoping to return it to its rightful owner.
Went out this evening for an hour and took my nine year old son. We hunted behind two hotels on the beach and were there a short time when I saw a lady approach my son and was talking to him. I figured she was asking him what we usually find but soon I saw him follow her to an area and he started looking with my DFX. I started working that way but within minutes she started screaming at the top of her lungs and jumping up and down, Everyone started looking trying to figure out what in the world was wrong with her. :icon_scratch: The next thing I knew she was hugging my son like their was no tomorrow. By this time I had gotten there and after watching her cry and hug my son a dozen more times she finally was able to explain she had lost her keys the day before and was suppose to leave headed back to Pennsylvania but was forced to stay another night. She had us go with her to show her husband we had found them and after a few more hugs I decided to take her picture with my son so that he could look back later in life and remember how it helped someone out. All evening he has mentioned over and over that he was happy he found them for the lady and now he's talking about getting up early with me to hit the beach again. I can tell now that he is hooked just like his daddy... ;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• ring1.JPG
    ring1.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,376
  • ring2.JPG
    ring2.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 1,361
  • kyle.JPG
    kyle.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 1,363
Upvote 0

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, his karma level just shot through the roof! Way to go!
CurbdiggerCarl

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Wow, sounds like you had an awesome day! much more than i can report. the ring looks awesome! theyve been married about 7 months less than ive been around, im sure that ring means a lot to them, and I hope you are able to find the rightful owners

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awseome job!!! Glad he was able to find her keys!!! :thumbsup:
Oh yea, he is hooked for life!!!! :icon_pirat:

pshaw54

Jun 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
the stories and people on this site are amazing! i'm glad to hear there are still good people out there doing the right things. man, i'm glad to be part of this site! :thumbsup:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrat's on the ring T and to your Son for a job well done......Great story guy's!!! :thumbsup:

Bowler Man

Jun 1, 2007
Ebensburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Awesome job! An experience like that should ensure that he's going to be doing this for many, many more years to come! What a great story! :thumbsup:

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Little buddy, your a hero to many now! :thumbsup: The look on that womans face says it all, you saved the day!

Good luck on findiing the owner of the wedding band.

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool beans, any time you can help others with this hobby is a great feeling and makes everything else worthwhile. Way to go dude! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
That's a great story.

I bet he never forgets how happy he made someone by doing something nice.
Give him a high five from me.
Mike

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
with you giving up the wedding band back to its owners and the son finding the keys --its metal detecting super heros to the rescue --- look its SUPER BEEP and BEEP boy --- action figures to come out soon --- LOL --gotta love those "thank god" moments --- to rekey her car to drive home would be both time and big bucks -- and a 14 k wedding band is not cheap either plus the "original"one is "special"--- good deeds all around.---tales of your kindess will be told for years to come

yeh jr is "hooked" --- he's got the "oh ya I'm da man" hero gleam in his eye--- with the keys "dangling" off his finger tip so "joe cool" style --her eyes look puffy from crying too -- you need a 8 x 10 made of that and put in your sons room --it will remind him of how it feels to do good things rather than bad -- important as they grow up to reinforce good things like that.

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
A Priceless Moment. I agree get the picture blown up and framed. Whenever he feels down all he has to do is look at that picture and it will flood him with good memories. Good Luck on finding the owner of the ring. If you can get a picture of that also and post. You both make us proud.
HH,
Roy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions