Old Ball Field Rd 2 and 3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hi all, Just dug and not cleaned yet. Wanted to show you guys how bad some of these coins are. I got out today with my 2 boys for a couple hrs. Then a few more hrs tonight just with my one boy. We had a good day. Found 7 Wheaties and one 1956 Canadian cent. Got a 43 S merc a 64 Roosevelt and a 52. Don't know all the dates on the wheat's because they haven't been cleaned yet. Spent about 3 and a half hrs on the site today. I am getting back into treasure hunting hard again. I'm done working here and the only thing I got going is playing baseball right now. We are the defending champs in this league. I hit a 3 run homer last game. We have a web site and the league is called the national American baseball association. It's competitive and alot of fun. I always wanted to be a pro ball player but this is as close as it gets for me. Were 4 and 2 right now and are a game out of first. I'll keep you all posted later into the season.

So I'll be doing alot of treasure hunting here again. This is still my least favorite time of year to be hunting. I'm looking forward to the fall. I just keep searching and keep persuing what I like to do and that is to find treasure consistently. It's hard but it can be done with good results. It takes work knowledge and experience to get to where you want to be.

Keep at it all it's out there. HH Jeremy

Attachments

• Old ball field rd 2 and 3.jpg
    Old ball field rd 2 and 3.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 358
  • Old ball field rd 2 and 3 1.jpg
    Old ball field rd 2 and 3 1.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 362
Upvote 0

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the ball team and the finds jer!!Im certain we will see some more of your exciting posts again.WTG!!

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Nice stuff Jer...I especially like the little propeller. Now get back out there and find that toy boat! Toy boat, toy boat, toy boyt. I never could say that 3 times fast ;D~CO2

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really great finds Jer!!! And good luck to your baseball team!!!!

;)

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Decent haul, and the silver and wheats are a good sign 4 sure.
The clad looks pretty standard for dug up coins.
I usually put mine in a tumbler to make them look presentable, and cash them in when my clad jug is full.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds. I know how you feel about baseball. I loved the sport and still do. It was about all the natural talent I ever had and had great aspirations as a teenagaer but it just never worked out for me either. I was scouted by a couple of major league teams but just never got that call. I played ball up through my early adult years. A little semi-pro ball out in west Texas but that was about it. I kept active in the sport by coaching little league for several years. If you get the chance to coach those kids, do it. It is one of the most rewarding things I have ever done. JIM

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
Colorado2 said:
Nice stuff Jer...I especially like the little propeller.? Now get back out there and find that toy boat!? Toy boat, toy boat, toy boyt.? I never could say that 3 times fast ;D~CO2

nice haul JER, it all adds up ;) ,

Co 2, try saying this one three times fast... " Fhe Shucks Feashells " ;D

Pat

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the posts and pictures, Jer. I like that you show it all....Junque and coins.

Good luck with the bb team. I was going to play softball this year but I decided that Metal detecting was going to be my main focus this summer. I'm gettin' too old anyhow!

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hi all, Thanks for all the replies and the baseball support. We beat the first place team last night 13-2. Sounds like you were a decent ball player in your younger years Jimmy. I got 2 boys and my son who is 4 loves baseball. He is really good already and he's only 4. I let him hit at the batting cages alot. He plays with me and watches pro games on t.v all the time. His favorite movie is the natural and all he ever tells me is he wants to hit the ball in the lights.

I have a few cousins who played college but never went to the pro's. There's a saying for every guy who makes it to the pro's there's a 1000 guys just as good. You just need the right people to be watching you at the right time. Maybe by the time my kids are grown I'll do some coaching.

Who said you were to old to play ball haupin. I know women hate to be asked there age but I'm just curious. I'm 24 and still feal I got some years left. I have been detecting so much over the last 4 yrs that playing ball is good for me. I love to play and I think that is why I am doing well.

Take care all HH Jeremy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions