ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
went plundering at a curb side --junk pile -- here's what I found

well saw a huge set up to be hauled off junk pile --several old dressers and various junk ( after I pulled up it was clear --yard sale signs were used -- and the pile had been picked over before I got there) --dang it -- but since I was stopped I said what the hey -- one of the chest had a drawer swollen shut ( old wood drawers + rain= swollen drawers -- so I always carry a huge strong flat end screw driver in my old pick up :wink:) -- so with my huge trusty screw driver I coaxed it open --and found the loot -- a working abu garica fishing reel , a 22 rifle scope , a 3 foot secrion of new light duty chain (like you hang potted plants with ) a brand new pack of cup hooks ,and a nice antique looking brass letter basket -- wish I had got there earlier to get at what was in the easier to open drawers---Ivan

Upvote 0

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Re: went plundering at a curb side --junk pile -- here's what I found

Treasure hunting at it's finest! I bet you forgot to check the paper money that was taped to the bottom of that drawer! Ha... :tard: jgas

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

LOL --- thats the first thing I check for on all old chest of drawers I see by the road side ---money taped in an envelope under the "drawer" (old time stash spot) sometimes old dressers and old night stands and such things are just dumped on the curb side with all the contents still unchecked inside them when a place gets cleaned out ( always check the top right hand drawer first since most folks are right handed ) --- also old couches often have change under the cushions -- some times rings or jewelry also fall in the cracks of em -- yep I a plunder --- as a kid I loved getting up early on trash day and go poking about -- amazing what all you find at times ---Ivan

R

RUDY2003

Now thats the way to plunder Ivan....Always have the "Stuck drawer opening device" with me too....

Keep safe...

Keith

toolman61

May 31, 2008

Gotta love the curbside goodies(junking in paticular). Sweet finds and it didn't cost gas or time. HH Tom

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland

Treasure hunter any time any place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WhiteCountyPaleo

Jul 21, 2008
Lafayette, IN
Detector(s) used
AT PRO

What you need to do is honk your horn after having a good experience at a junk pile! :tongue3:
Always leaves the resident with a smile! :tard:

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ladies and Gentlemen,

There is treasure everywhere outthere. You just have to look for it.

The last time we had a garage sale this fellow told me that he goes around on trash day looking for things that people put out beside the garbage cans. He told me that every 3 months he has a garage sale with his finds and sells on average about $1500. This was all stuff that others were throwing out.

I know I have put in the garbage things that now I know I could have taken up to this spot that buys junk metal.

I have seen fish tanks out on curbside with a sign of free. I saw one the other day of around 50 gallons with a lot of accessories including the wood stand...all for free.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:thumbsup:

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE

jpotter said:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

There is treasure everywhere outthere. You just have to look for it.

The last time we had a garage sale this fellow told me that he goes around on trash day looking for things that people put out beside the garbage cans. He told me that every 3 months he has a garage sale with his finds and sells on average about $1500. This was all stuff that others were throwing out.

I know I have put in the garbage things that now I know I could have taken up to this spot that buys junk metal.

I have seen fish tanks out on curbside with a sign of free. I saw one the other day of around 50 gallons with a lot of accessories including the wood stand...all for free.
fish tanks are a favorite.people arent prepared forthe dedication it takes tokeep a healthy aquarium.fish die and out it goes.large excercise eqipt is still number 1 of course

Golden1

Bronze Member
May 2, 2008
Pittsfield ma
Detector(s) used
Whites PRIZM IV,Whites M-6

Treasure Hunting gotta love it! even if you forget to bring your detector :thumbsup:

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x

great story love to see some pics of the loot i once made about 2 grand out of a dumpster dive,packed with antiques

CowboyKolo

Nov 11, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
White Eagle Spectrum

I lived in Austin TX for a very very short time a few years back and one of the people I worked with told me that there were neighborhoods where people toss out working tv's n stereos n such (kinda like University kids on the last day of the year). Kinda wish I had had a vehicle back then so I coulda helped clean up and earn extra cash...errr...save the environment :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions