Bullets & Coins

KalamazooHunter

Mar 26, 2005
Kalamazoo, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Bullets & Coins

Well, I thought I found a productive site. It was the entrance to a hiking trail that's been around for years and years and years. An old railroad use to go through then they tore up the tracks and made it a trail. I thought perfect. So, husband & I got out there and all we found was bullets. Must have been a shooting range at one time. We also found 2 pennies and 1 dime (in the parking lot, husband says that doesn't count ::) ) So nothing really except for 12 cents!
What am I doing wrong?

I have been detecting for over a year and have only found less than 6.00 all clad and a couple of whatsits and 1 ring. Could it be my detector - I use a Garett 300 and my husband uses a bounty hunter. Hm..... Or perhaps everything in my town has been hunted to death. Any advice? :'(

Tara

Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Bullets & Coins

Tara...
Let me be the first to congratulate you on your bullet finds! ;D I know how you feel! ;D I really don't think it's the machines but rather the location..... Went and got myself a brand new handy dandy MXT last week and guess what the first thing I found was? Yep.....a bullet! We just got to get out and go to different places..... don't give up...... ;)

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Tara, sometimes you have to get off the beaten path, so to speak. Have you ever done any research in your area? I see you have Bittersweet Ski Resort-which during the off season may hold some good finds as gloves, cold hands, and rings don't mix-especially under ski lifts.http://www.skibittersweet.com/cf/start/index_05d.cfm

Here's a link to your area. Go down near the bottom and click on area/sports and a # of things show up, along with event calendars.

OP
OP
KalamazooHunter

KalamazooHunter

Mar 26, 2005
Kalamazoo, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300

Thanks so much for the advice guys. It probably is the location not the machines. I try to do research but it just doesn't seem like it's helping - too many detectorists in my area maybe - always one step ahead. ?I'm not going to let it get me
down though!!!! I'm going to start doing better research and one of these days you'll see me posting my jackpot find :)

Which link did you post Stoney56 that is a good one? I only see the Ski one.

Oh - and it was pretty cool finding the bullets, that was our first time finding those.

Tara

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If a lot of people detect in your area then try asking for permission on private old houses or churches. I think a lot of us don't like to ask so it pays off in the end if you do. Look for your city or town construction plains get up real early and go to torn up sidewalks, streets and property before everyone else.

HH!!

OP
OP
KalamazooHunter

KalamazooHunter

Mar 26, 2005
Kalamazoo, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300

Thanks again for all the great advice!
I'm always excited to get back out there and see what I can find.
This weekend hopefully I can do some good research and find a great spot for next week!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread