Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find it a little difficult to walk up to someones door and ask for permssion but I got so desprite for a place to hunt I did. I went to the house below where a friendly elderly couple lives and the husband said "sure go ahead and hunt".

Hershburger.jpg

I made 6 trips to hunt over the last two weeks for a total of about 10 hours. The first two trips I covered the left side of the driveway and made many passes through the back yard between the house and where the barn use to be with only a 1946 quarter to show for my efforts, not even any clad.

The wife told me that her great grandfather had built the house but didn't know the date. I'm guessing it was the mid 1800's. She also told me that the family get together's were in the front yard.

About the third trip I moved into the front yard and was glad to even see some clad. Then I started hitting wheat pennies at around 3-5". As I moved away from the house towards the road I started picking up Indian Heads at 6-7". Over the next three trips I covered the front yard three times with different coils and grids each time. I ended up with 7 Indian heads and a 1916 Barber dime.

IndianUprising.jpg

Here is the rest of the finds:

quarter.jpg

Wheatsclad.jpg

The soil was the softest I've encountered in my area and the lowest mineralization I've found. Between hunts I stopped a couple of times and gave the couple some blueberries which are in season here now and a wooden wire reel from work to use as a work bench.

Now I need to find another spot to hunt.

Upvote 0
R

RUDY2003

Nice job Schrecky. I hink you just scrached the surface there buddy.....

Keep safe...

Keith

MT DFX

Greenie
Jun 15, 2008
Kalispell, Montana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Minelabs E-Trac
Nice job. With finds like this it may start getting easier to ask permission in the future. Very nice tribe of indians! It seems like with all of these old pennies there ought to be a few more silvers.

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Great finds, congrats :thumbsup: The 1891 IH is super looking, nice place to hunt.
Glenn

toolman61

May 31, 2008
Very nice job! A nice variety of coins!! Ain't it great to get to know kind people like that couple? It gives you hope that the world isn't all bad. It was very nice of you to take them some blueberries!! Like stated above theres probably more good coins in the ground there, it might be worth another 10 hrs. Best of luck either way, HH Tom

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
You can't possibly have gotten all there is in that yard, I love hunted out places. My Minelab Eplorer XS proves it all the time, no place is ever hunted out! My friends here won't take me to their hunted out spots anymore. I wonder why? Anyways, wasn't there 10 little indians in the boat? Great finds :thumbsup:

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds Shrecky,

3 64's and a fatty are some nice IH to get. I have that same button. Postal service civil war era. Looks like alot of ground to cover around there. I bet a few more are tucked in there some where.

HH Jer

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow wee!!!! Glad you asked to hunt the place!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
I see an old belt buckle in your scrap box and that 1942 washington is a nice bit of silver :wink:

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gosh, that's a great haul. Most of them look to be in great shape.
Congrats! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions