Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are tearing up the curb in front of the swimming pool in my village, and there are piles of dirt heaped up on the tree bank.

I thought I'd give the piles a go and see what I could find.

About 40 cents, all modern except a very nice 1956d wheatie still with a little color.

But - I found a 1" round brass disc "tag" that was used to identify your clothes basket at the swimming pool. At the time, it came with an elastic loop that we wore around our ankles. It had the number "69" on it.

So cool. When we were kids, our entire social life revolved around the pool - playing dibble-dabble, frogmen, and other games. This was a nice find to "return" me back to those days, all the more poignant since a good friend's Mom just died that lived kiddy-corner from the pool.

Upvote 0
T

TreasurdiggrNY

I know the ankle tags you're talking about, they had the same thing by me at Sunset Park in Brooklyn. I used to hate when it banged up against your other ankle :sad1: Good luck at that spot if you get to hit it again.
Glenn

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's amazing what small things triggers such fond memories. HH and hope you find more treasures.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread