Finds from 1752 home

cam9457

Mar 18, 2008
Cape May, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, both pjroo33 and myself got a chance to get out yesterday. We really had no idea where to go but found a home from 1752 that looked very promising so we stopped and asked permission and somehow got it! We started with very high hopes because the woman who owns the property had told us it had never been detected before. I thought for sure pj's long quest for his first LC would for sure be over and he would finally dig his first LC! Well, didn't happen that way. Lots of iron everywhere. PJ found a merc and I came across a 1950's pocket spill. 5 nickels(1940, 2x1941's, 1951 and 1953) and 10 wheats(1916, 1935, 1940, 1941,1942,1949,1950S,1951 and 1953). And some cap that I think say's PECO(Philadelphia electric Co). I don't know if soil was added in the 1950's or what but not one LC between the two of us! Pj did pull out a nice old buckle! All in all we did get out at least. Thanks for looking

Attachments

• IMAG0002.JPG
    IMAG0002.JPG
    290.4 KB · Views: 1,139
Upvote 0
OP
OP
cam9457

cam9457

Mar 18, 2008
Cape May, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Country Girl. We were just really hoping for older coins/items. I've been spoiled by a slew of LC's lately I guess

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
I would go back over that location with the larger coils. See if you can pop-up some of those deep silvers.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting that you only found "modern" coins at such an old location. There has to be some better stuff a bit deeper, not that what you found is bad. Thanks for sharing and give us more pics when you find more!

Lookin

OP
OP
cam9457

cam9457

Mar 18, 2008
Cape May, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everybody. I did get a nice insect bite as well! Unfortunatly I only have the one detector and coil, Pj was using his Minelab GT and did manage to pull out a nice buckle from around 10" or so. We were not allowed to hunt in the imediate back yard where we both would have gone first. I does deserve a more "fine tooth comb" hunt I guess. There is just so much iron it's crazy

OP
OP
cam9457

cam9457

Mar 18, 2008
Cape May, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Burdie, I'm doing pretty good this year as far as insect bites/stings go this season. A few weeks ago I was stung by a big old bumble bee twice! I didn't even think they could sting! It was almost dark when that happened, next day I went back a saw I was digging right into their nest. Whoops, guess I deserved it. Haven't gotten too much poison ivy so far this year though

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
We hunt because we can!
I, too have been a little spoiled by a recent run
of good luck with the large coppers, but, we
move on to the next find and enjoy the memories.

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Gotta love pocket spills thay can make a good hunt into a great one.

Surfin

Tom VT

Jul 12, 2008
Southern Vermont
Detector(s) used
Bandido umax
Anyone know what that thing with 3 screws coming out is?

I found one a ways back but don't know what it is. Some kinda weight?

Idaho PRB

May 21, 2005
South Central Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Ace 250
I read somewhere that just the normal material added from decomposing leaves and grass adds 1/16" in soil depth for every year. 256 years X 1/16" = 16" of soil. For what it's worth. :dontknow:
Idaho PRB

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
My advice is, GO BACK!!

A house that old has to have some old coins somewhere. Besides, how many here have said they thought they detected a place only to go back and find something they missed the first time.

Sure hope you can get back on that lot again. :thumbsup:

Ray

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Those are nice finds to start with. If you can get back over there you should. You may find lots of goodies farther away from the house especially where the gardens and fields are located. What was the buckle that your partner found? Any pictures?

OP
OP
cam9457

cam9457

Mar 18, 2008
Cape May, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ed-NH said:
Those are nice finds to start with. If you can get back over there you should. You may find lots of goodies farther away from the house especially where the gardens and fields are located. What was the buckle that your partner found? Any pictures?
I'm not really sure, I'll ask him to post some pictures of it here

pjroo33

Oct 28, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the buckle I found on the same property. It was a good 8-10 inches. I know very little about buckles, but my assumption is that it's a belt buckle? No idea of the age. Also found the '45 Merc. I'm sure there are older finds on that piece of land. Anyone know how old the buckle might be?

Attachments

• Buckle1.jpg
    Buckle1.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 498
  • Buckle2.jpg
    Buckle2.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 514
OP
OP
cam9457

cam9457

Mar 18, 2008
Cape May, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool buckle! I have no idea on age either? I'm sure someone will know. That one you found at the Farmer place was by far the coolest one I've ever seen

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread