Hot in more ways than one

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, the weather was, well August. Over a hundred again today, but that didn't keep me from going out this afternoon. Been on a roll the last few days, and just couldn't help myself. After finding a gold ring a couple of days ago, I have been hitting that park hard. The ground is dried out and hard as cement, but it is still giving up the goods. At the end of about 3 hours, I had picked up 48 coins for a total of $2.20. No silver coins or wheats. But I still considered it a "hot" day. The first nice item that I found was a large token for a Nursery in a nearby town. Had never seen this item before. :icon_sunny: Kept going, and shortly before my old detector started screaming "low battery", it gave up a large silver ring. :D This has been a good month so far, and it's only a few days old.

Hope that it wasn't too hot for any of you to not get out, and hope that you had good luck too.

Attachments

• August 4th, 08  Hamilton Nursery Co..jpg
    August 4th, 08 Hamilton Nursery Co..jpg
    79 KB · Views: 539
  • August 4th, 08 Hamilton Nursery Co..jpg
    August 4th, 08 Hamilton Nursery Co..jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 531
  • August 4th, 08  Peter Pan Park.jpg
    August 4th, 08 Peter Pan Park.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 523
Upvote 0

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70
I'm not aware of a Harrison Nursery, but located on the west side of York along Beaver Creek is Harrison Park. On the set side of the park is the golf course.

:thumbsup:

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring. I found one similar last year in a park.

Attachments

• silver ring.jpg
    silver ring.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 378
OP
OP
nebstater

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
eagle77 said:
I'm not aware of a Harrison Nursery, but located on the west side of York along Beaver Creek is Harrison Park. On the set side of the park is the golf course.

:thumbsup:

I'm not aware of a Harrison Nursery either, so will have to do some research on it. Since they were a nursery, I'm wondering if maybe they didn't deliver some trees to Lincoln, and plant them. The token was found in an old park here in town.

The ground is so dry and hard right now, that when it came out of the ground, I thought that I had found a silver dollar. No such luck, but I do like the token. Now all I have to do is find out when they went out of business. The park in York, may very well have been named for the owner of the nursery.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions