I had misplaced this find from a number of years back, and found it today!!!

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
I've posted in the past about my in-law's old farmhouse in Michigan that I've detected over the years, and put up pictures of all of the interesting things I've found there. One of the things I found in the yard there was a brass or copper letter "C", and dang it, I can't find that thing anywhere now. But while searching for it today I did find this badge that I had forgotten about, and it should have been included in with all of the great finds that came out of that old farmhouse yard over the years.

So, since I re-found it today, I'm throwing it up here in Today's Finds...

Attachments

• IMG_8434.jpg
    IMG_8434.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 608
Upvote 0

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Super nice find. Glad you found it again.
Joe

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
GoldenRoyBoy said:
That is "1986" right?
Wouldn't it be cool to return it; is there a chance they are still being used today?
Nice find for sure!

GRB

Pretty sure it's 1936. Peddlers, door to door salesman license. It would still be cool to find out who it was issued to and if they were still around.

§ 458-3. Exemptions.

This chapter does not apply to manufacturers, wholesalers or commercial travelers making sales to dealers or selling agents in the usual course of business for resale; nor to persons making bona fide sales of goods, wares and merchandise for future deliver; nor hawkers or peddlers; nor to person making sales from licensed wagons or stands; nor to societies making sales for charitable, religious or public purposes; nor to a producer of agricultural products making sales of the products grown by the producer himself; nor to persons making sales in the Royal Oak Farmers’ Market.

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...oak+peddlers+license&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=us

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very cooooooool :thumbsup:

OP
OP
time4me

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
GoldenRoyBoy said:
That is "1986" right?
Wouldn't it be cool to return it; is there a chance they are still being used today?
Nice find for sure!

GRB

It's 1936. I was pretty thrilled to dig this item up from the front yard of my in-law's farm house - it is out in a very rural area, dirt roads and all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions