Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Aug 2005
    E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
    40 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I had misplaced this find from a number of years back, and found it today!!!

I've posted in the past about my in-law's old farmhouse in Michigan that I've detected over the years, and put up pictures of all of the interesting things I've found there. One of the things I found in the yard there was a brass or copper letter "C", and dang it, I can't find that thing anywhere now. But while searching for it today I did find this badge that I had forgotten about, and it should have been included in with all of the great finds that came out of that old farmhouse yard over the years.

So, since I re-found it today, I'm throwing it up here in Today's Finds...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8434.jpg 
Views:	577 
Size:	332.1 KB 
ID:	222532  

May 2008
    1 times

Re: I had misplaced this find from a number of years back, and found it today!!!

Thats a cool badge! guess they needed it to peddle their wares> HH Tom

us
    Stuart

Sep 2007
    Commerce,Texas
    Minelab, Whites MXT

Re: I had misplaced this find from a number of years back, and found it today!!!

Great find---------twice!
    Stuart
    Don't Worry- Be Happy

us
    Getter done

Sep 2007
    Terra Bella, Ca.
    DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
    558 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Nice find
    HH
    Remember 9-1-1 and all the Fallen Firefighters and Police Officers. Never forget the price they paid for our Freedom.

God Bless the men and women past, present, and future who serve this country by serving in the military.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Solider, one died for your soul the other died for your freedom.

What a shame that scientists will call a cell on another planet "life", but they won't acknowledge a fetus as life until it is born.

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching.

Jul 2007
    Maryland
    26 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

That is a cool find......AGAIN!!! LOL!
    Ty

[size=14pt]BEAUTIFUL PHOTOGRAPHY AND ART PHOTOS:[/size]
    [size=14pt]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ty-McMurray-Photography/190061817702845?ref=hl[/size]

us
    May 2007
    Trinidad, Colorado
    3 times

That is "1986" right?
    Wouldn't it be cool to return it; is there a chance they are still being used today?
    Nice find for sure!

GRB

us
    Oct 2007
    Tn
    Garrett GTA500
    8 times

Super nice find. Glad you found it again.
    Joe
    Man that is born of a woman is of few days and full of trouble ...Job CH. 14

us
    Aug 2008
    Norfolk, Virginia

Wow nice find again lol

us
    Mar 2007
    Northwest Missouri
    ACE 250
    65 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenRoyBoy
    That is "1986" right?
    Wouldn't it be cool to return it; is there a chance they are still being used today?
    Nice find for sure!

GRB
    Pretty sure it's 1936. Peddlers, door to door salesman license. It would still be cool to find out who it was issued to and if they were still around.

§ 458-3. Exemptions.

This chapter does not apply to manufacturers, wholesalers or commercial travelers making sales to dealers or selling agents in the usual course of business for resale; nor to persons making bona fide sales of goods, wares and merchandise for future deliver; nor hawkers or peddlers; nor to person making sales from licensed wagons or stands; nor to societies making sales for charitable, religious or public purposes; nor to a producer of agricultural products making sales of the products grown by the producer himself; nor to persons making sales in the Royal Oak Farmers’ Market.

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=2&gl=us

us
    Seeker Of Lost And Purposely Discarded Antiquities

Jul 2008
    Revere, Massachusetts (5 Miles North of Boston)
    White's Eagle Spectrum/White's Eagle II
    5 times

Beautiful peddlar's badge!! I love it!

Larry
    A "Hunted-Out" Area Is A Place Others Have Given Up On"

us
    Apr 2008
    Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
    E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
    23 times

Man, that looks like it should be right out of a Stooges episode! Great find!!! Congrats!

Getcher your Brighto here!
    God bless our veterans! Thank you for your sacrifices!

us
    Dec 2004
    Troy X5
    52 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

very cooooooool
    All animals are equal, but some are more equal then others. -George Orwell

us
    Aug 2005
    E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
    40 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenRoyBoy
    That is "1986" right?
    Nice find for sure!

GRB
    It's 1936. I was pretty thrilled to dig this item up from the front yard of my in-law's farm house - it is out in a very rural area, dirt roads and all.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links