Gold nugget found worth 5000+ in CA

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
NO, NO ,NO It's All Lies and Fabrications! There is NO GOLD in California. It's all gone (at least 10 years now). They publish these stories as tongue in cheek please don't take them seriously. It's all fiction.

HH (but NOT in California) Joe

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland
I thought that all the gold in California is in a
bank in the middle of Beverly Hills in somebody
elses name!!!...............DAMN them country songs!
Soooooo misleading!

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why did I leave colfax? Nice story T.C..

thoughmas

Greenie
Jul 30, 2008
The nugget was found in Rollins Lake, CA. I just got back from there with my Minelab X-Terra 70. There were a lot of talk about the gold nugget. The regular camping folk were talking about a 7oz but the newspapers said it was close to 6oz. I was detecting along the shore and a boater floated next to me and yelled "looking for a 7oz nugget?!". Apparently a lot of other metal detectorists were already there earlier in the week. I bet there is some gold to be found along the old streams that lead into the lake. I searched a few but nothing to be found. I was there on Thursday Aug. 7th. No other detectorists out there that day, just me.

Anyway, I was in the area (Grass Valley) so I took a detour to this place. I spent 4 hours looking for gold nuggets but none to be found. I want to go back and detect the entire lake, but its so huge it'll take me a week.

Good luck. I'm going camping somewhere along the american river and i'll be searching for nuggets for a few days. I can't find a spot with potential yet.

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry!!! Jim!!! We gotta go....them fishs are guarding the gold!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
alpha105 said:
Terry!!! Jim!!! We gotta go....them fishs are guarding the gold!!!!!!!!!
Hey Josh!,
I'm going to CA soon. Probably the first or so. I'll be up there (down there?) for about 2 weeks. Won't go to that lake, though. Will go work the Butte Creek and some areas around Chico. The dredging season is in full swing so we won't be able to work some good holes. The place we will stay is Paradise, CA. About 85 homes got toasted there during those terrible CA fires last month. The creeks coughed up about 2 teaspoons full of color the last time we were there.... for two days.... including a good sized nugget about 3/4 thumbnail in size. It's hard on my back... Mike did most of the finding. I'll post a pic when I'm up there. We gotta hit that wooden house again.... call me. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread