Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've seen a few posts on this recently. I used to do this when I was younger but mostly looking for wheats. Does anybody actually find much in the way of silver or older wheats (I always seemed to find 1950+ wheats) this way? That merc find down below here was nice, but I seriously doubt there are too many of them floating around nowadays...lol

Upvote 0
P

PrizmIV

I got a merc in change a month ago! There was a guy that posted about how he has this website about how he owns/runs a store and goes through all the change they recieve and has found s whole lot of old coins and even a couple of "rare" coins! So you never know! HH Jonathan

Masonlid

Mar 14, 2005
good ole Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre U Max
Always check your change....A guy that works at a nearby plant got back in his change a $5 gold piece.He thought is was a dirty old nickel until he cleaned it up.I had sent the story from the local newspaper to W & E TREASURES(News in the Headlines section).

gregl01

Apr 19, 2005
land of the free-taxed to death
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Nokta Fors CoRe
Hi all, I have had pretty good luck searching rolls. Recently I purchased a couple rolls of halves and found 9 silver kennedys. Also many years ago I opened the cash drawer at work one morning to find a fresh roll of Merc's. That made my day, the best 5 bucks I've ever spent!!!!!
Good luck
Greg

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
i work in a convenience store and over the last 2 years i have found numerous wheats,alot of nickles pre-1959 some war nickles.1 buffalo,2 mercs and a small handful of silver rosies and silver quarters.a couple of silver certificates and 2 silver eagles.They are hard to come by but they are still around.

peace,bigrig

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Research may help to find those old coins. Also "plain luck" works too.......... ;)

GL & HH,

DugHoles

S

skydiv

my daughter works at the IGA food store she thought the mercs were from canada until one day she gave me a merc in change. now she knows so she has brought me a couple. also a few wheaties. My wife works at a bank and one day a guy came in with several silver dollars to exchange for paper money. my wife got 4 for me. seems they had been stolen but nobody claimed them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions