Beach Glass from Nome Alaska.

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is the beach glass my wife picked up while in Nome Alaska. The town of Nome burned twice many years ago, and all the remains of the town was pushed into the bering sea. Now the it is washing back up on the beach. The glass has been rolled in the rocks ground to different shapes. They make jewelery out of it, and decorative bottles. Also we saw some made into cabinet drawer pulls. It was all very nice looking.

Attachments

• beach glass 3 Nome Ak..jpg
    beach glass 3 Nome Ak..jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,344
  • beach glass, Nome Ak..jpg
    beach glass, Nome Ak..jpg
    83 KB · Views: 1,320
  • beach glass 4 Nome Ak..jpg
    beach glass 4 Nome Ak..jpg
    64 KB · Views: 1,268
Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet treasure!

HH
-GC

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
love beach glass. still collect it for my niece who makes jewelry. just getting harder and harder to find in n.j.
the blues , reds and yellows are most sought after , so are any pieces with words or a date still on it. been dying to go to alaska. i guess i'll add nome to the list of places to visit when i finally am able to make a trip there. thanks for sharing. those are some beautiful pieces :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Beach Glass is something I can't resist either.

There was an Amazing amount near the cannery beaches of Monterey.

Any possibilities of detecting around the Nome remnants? seems there might be some great Hot Spots?

HH Joe

OP
OP
Old River

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm sure this could be a good place to detect. A couple of the guys that was with us did a little detecting, but I never saw what they found. We were there for about two hrs. Not a lot of time for detecting.

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Nice glass, there is a big following for beach glass these days. Folks go out and look for it and collect it. Congrats on your finds.

Clad 2 meet u

May 7, 2007
Algonac Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro (land) CZ20 (water)
Lots of beach glass in Michigan... I just picked up a bunch from the St. Clair River and now resides in my fish tank. When I was a kid, I use to walk for miles on the beach and collect bucketfuls for a old lady that used the glass as garden decoration instead of mulch. This was back in the 60's and she would pay me a buck for each 1 gallon bucket I would collect.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is so cool! I had no idea.

Nana

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
river....keep thinking about that glass. would you consider selling some of it? would make a nice gift to my niece. pm or email me if interested. thanks.....george

XT18000

May 26, 2008
TH rule # 2 ==== Keep eye's open and pointed at ground at all time's
Cool Finds keep looking!

luckysgirl

Jul 26, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Thank you for posting! I first heard of beach glass a couple of years ago when I was in Florida. I fell in love with it....I will continue to keeping looking for it but I am still yet to find my first piece. Beautiful!

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
used to find lots more when i was younger and spending summers in avalon nj. im just mad i didnt keep any of it back then. thought it was worthless unless intact. (full bottle) i remember rainbows of colors. now all you find is common browns barely worn down and some clear and green equally worn and thin. not like the thick blobs of older bottles.

LUCKYSGIRL...where are you looking? try the jersey shore or anywhere on the east coast. wait for low tide and start walking the edge of the water. look for concentrations of shells, broken shells and stones. slow down and look closely, most times the sun will reflect the glass at you. check the various tide lines above the water at low tide. most times they are seperated every few feet perpendicular to the water, hunt these too. even being as hard to find as it has been i still can get around 15 commons and 1 or 2 "keepers" every time i go. good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions