Chinese coins and pendant

junkdigger

Sep 15, 2004
clarkston,wa.
Went to an old gold mining area in Idaho today. Found all these items in a small area.A .36 caliber ball fired from a Colt percussion revolver.A .52 caliber bullet fired from a Sharp's model 1859 rifle or carbine. That model used a paper or linen cartridge. Then I found the Chinese cash coins and pendant within a couple feet of each other.The coins were minted at Peking and Chihli (near Peking),and are both from the Chien Lung dynasty (1736-1795 A.D.).That makes these the oldest coins I've found! Does anyone know anything about that plain copper or bronze pendant?

Attachments

• IMGP0139.JPG
    IMGP0139.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 221
Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know much about Chinesse coins but great finds anyway! Have to love the age!

Keep at it and HH!!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really great finds!!!

Love your display!

;)

wallycoz

Oct 3, 2004
Biloxi, Mississippi
I very recently found a Chinese coin identical to yours on the beach here in Biloxi. It is bronze and very thin! It must have been lost by a tourist who may have kept it on their person as a good luck charm or something. Interesting side note - Chinese coins with the square hole in the middle were not minted after 1911!

Wallycoz

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, junkdigger. How old do you think the miniball is? I've found quite a few here in PA.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions