All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Photocc001.jpg
    Photocc001.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 297
Upvote 0
A

allhuntedout

Not suprising. They used 'em on wicker candy baskets in the 1920's - the baskets got tossed and the kids took the coins. These coins have also been used as decorative on all sorts of stuff. They were dirt cheap, and oriental stuff was popular. I know as as kid I had a dozen or so people had given me.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the Fast Reply,? ?"a"? .
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? that Makes Sense .

I see this was your First Post ;D

Welcome to TREASURENET.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Jeff

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
It least its a different find than the norm. I'm not sure of the history of those coins, but nice job anyway.... :)

GL & HH,

Dugholes

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Another nice thing about them is they're probably cheaper than a box of washers-especially for stovebolts. LOL

miester

May 21, 2005
Wi
I have 7 coins like that, I dont even remember where I got them. I asked an expert about them and he told me what they were and that they were old and minted probably by the billions over a 200 hundred year span. I guess they never changed the design just keep pumping them out over a long time span.

Kansas

Jun 6, 2005
N.E. Kansas
Nice find Jeff ! I have always wondered why they made the hole square and not round. Guess there was a reason at one time.
~Kansas~

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon
At one time the coins were made in molds. They would stack coins on square rods and file smooth the rough edges left by the mold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread