Prehistoric find at the beach!

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Spent a lot of the time at the beach the last couple days. Figured with the hurricane and the rough surf I would find some jewelry with the beach erosion. Didn't find any jewelry but did find a little metal dinosaur that was about 12" deep. Also got the most clad I've had in 2 days! 28q, 12d, 6n, and a handful of corroded pennies.

Gonna hit it at low tide early tomorrow. Hopefully I'll find some gold or silver!

HH 8) surfrat

Attachments

• MVC-016S.JPG
    MVC-016S.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 427
Upvote 0

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice take there surfrat!! WTG!!

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice clad haul. You keep hitting those beaches and your gonna find something really good.

HH Jeremy

F

Floater

Well folks Surf is also being modest. Besides uncovering the great Archaeological find ( The dinosaur) he also braved the Elements in the Aftermath of Dennis as far as wee go. I have posted a picture of the conditions on the beach and believe me it was not Pretty. God Bless Those of our members and their family's on the west coast of Florida and into Alabama . This is not going to be a fun day for them and this storm is not done yet. This pic is 24 hours after it passed well to the west of the East coast. We had steady 25-30knot winds all day yesterday. The sand would hit you and feel like a million pin pricks. I will post photos also on my meager finds later.

Attachments

• hurden.jpg
    hurden.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 378
  • hurdenpalms.jpg
    hurdenpalms.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 373
  • hurdenftlbch.jpg
    hurdenftlbch.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 356
OP
OP
surfrat96

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Floater said:
Well folks Surf is also being modest. Besides uncovering the great Archaeological find ( The dinosaur) he also braved the Elements in the Aftermath of Dennis as far as wee go. I have posted a picture of the conditions on the beach and believe me it was not Pretty. God Bless Those of our members and their family's on the west coast of Florida and into Alabama . This is not going to be a fun day for them and this storm is not done yet. This pic is 24 hours after it passed well to the west of the East coast. We had steady 25-30knot winds all day yesterday. The sand would hit you and feel like a million pin pricks. I will post photos also on my meager finds later.
Float, as a matter of fact the wind was blowin so hard, my hat kept blowin off, even with my headphones around them! As I was walking to the water line the sand was blowing so hard it was stinging my legs and face! LOL! Once I got down to the water the sand stopped hitting me as the wind was crankin outta the southeast!

Thought I'd be able to go surfing in between detecting, but the current was so strong, by the time you paddled out you'd be about 1/2 north of were you started, so I bagged the surfing for now.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?HH ?8) surfrat

N

Neptunus Rex

Please keep us updated with after storm results. I have never had an opportunity to search the surf so will particularily enjoy your finds.

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
I met up with wcfl at dawn and went to clearwater beach today(Sunday July 10th) and the conditions were extreme! ;D Got sand blasted, wind blasted, rain blasted and just generally weatherbeaten! Half or better of the width of beach was gone and the wet sand area was flattened out. Every 50 yards or so was a great beach cut! I could not have asked for better conditions! In spite of the fantastic situation, I only found some clad, an earring and a tinkerbell charm, oh well! Going home across the causeway I dodged driftwood and other waterborne debris as the waves were crashing over the seawall! Man I had fun! Good hunting! omnicognic 8)

OP
OP
surfrat96

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Omni, make sure you hit it again as soon as possible. Now since there was a little surge here, I can't wait till the tide gets back to normal. Low tide hasn't been in the minus in several days. As soon as that happens we should be able to dig up some more stuff!!

We had a little beach erosion, but I'm sure it's nothing like you're getting. Should be in for some real good pickins!

HH 8) surfrat

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul surf!

I'd try again now that it's over!

HH

Lonewolfe

OP
OP
surfrat96

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
lonewolfe said:
Nice haul surf!

I'd try again now that it's over!

HH

Lonewolfe
Low tide is around 6am tomorrow. Won't be in the minus yet, but I'll be there at 4am! :D

Thanks everyone for all the replies and support. Really pumps you up to go more!!!!!!!! ;D

HH 8) surfrat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread