Braided Hair Large Cent

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Hey, folks, Colonial KirkPA, Colonial Silver Zeus, and I got out to a new site today. When we first arrived at our metal datecting destination, Colonial KirkPA had the dry heaves for about 5 minutes. :D It didn't take long for Colonial KirkPA to get his metal datecting game face on after I said, "You better get that-a-dry-heaving done, boy, because we-ain't-a-waiting for ya, buddy boy." :D Let me just say that Colonial KirkPA was super sick today, and he still found a way to get out and detect with the passion. :thumbsup:

Well, to make a long metal datecting story short, I excavated a pewter spoon handle and an 1848 Braided Hair largie. The largie was next to a piece of iron, so I couldn't pinpoint it without getting some kind of interference. It was 5 inches deep, folks!

On the way home, Colonial KirkPA started yacking into a plastic bag...yacking like a super sick gibbon on a drive home from the zoo. :D :D :D Well, Colonial KirkPA decided to yack out the window one time, but instead of it landing on the super historic highway, it landed on the car windaws (windows) and my Colonial-seeking jib. :D :D :D Yes, folks, once that spew hit my jib, I started cussing like a drunken sailor. I told him, "Boy, if I were able to, I would knock your jib into next week." :D :D

Overall, we had a great day out in the field, and we had some experiences that we'll never forget for our entire Colonial-seeking lives.

I hope everyone else is having a great 2008 season as well! :thumbsup:

Kyle

1848001.jpg

1848005.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Colonial Zoyboy

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
tymcmurray said:
Nice large copper!!
The piece next to it looks like a pewter utinsel handle.
Good hunt.

It is a pewter handle off of a Colonial eating utensil.

Kyle

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice copper Kyle. :thumbsup: Was the site that your research led you to the same house that is currently standing on the property or was there an older homesite on the same property?

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the LC Kyle. :thumbsup:
Don't tell me Kirk stuffed his face with doughnuts again like last year, and blew chunks! :o
Nice job Guys.
-Doug-

OP
OP
Colonial Zoyboy

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Evolution said:
Nice copper Kyle. :thumbsup: Was the site that your research led you to the same house that is currently standing on the property or was there an older homesite on the same property?

There was an older homesite on the same property that was torn down 50 years ago. The landowner's husband laid down a lot of fill dirt in the area as well.

Kyle

OP
OP
Colonial Zoyboy

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
ModernMiner said:
Nice job on the LC Kyle. :thumbsup:
Don't tell me Kirk stuffed his face with doughnuts again like last year, and blew chunks! :o
Nice job Guys.
-Doug-

Actually, he just pulled off a third shift at the hospital last night. He also didn't eat anything prior to detecting today. That boy will learn one of these days. :D

Thanks for the comment, buddy.

Kyle

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Alright, Kyle!!

Nice going, my friend, on your Braided Largie!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looks like you guys (well, at least you and your Uncle ;D) had a great day.

Tell your bro not to make a meal out of last weeks leftovers next time!! :nono: :sign10:

Keep the Passion High, my friend from PA!!

CAPTN SE
Dan

OP
OP
Colonial Zoyboy

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Captn_SE said:
Alright, Kyle!!

Nice going, my friend, on your Braided Largie!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looks like you guys (well, at least you and your Uncle ;D) had a great day.

Tell your bro not to make a meal out of last weeks leftovers next time!! :nono: :sign10:

Keep the Passion High, my friend from PA!!

CAPTN SE
Dan

Thanks, Dan, for the reply.

Or, I will tell him not to make a meal out of last month's leftovers. :D :D

I, as well as yourself, must keep our passions high, my good buddy from SoCal!

Kyle

OP
OP
Colonial Zoyboy

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Burdie said:
What a great shot of the LC. Great patina and condition. Thanks for sharing.

Burdie

Once I got the vibration, with my VibraProbe, at the bottom of the hole, I knew I had something special. I picked a handful of doyt up and felt a large object in my hand; I knew it was a large coppa after that.

Kyle

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
I will never forget today for as long as I live. Between us yucking it up and Kirk yacking it up there is plenty of memories forever burned onto my hardrive. You had a great day today Zoyboy. It's what we are after.
Uncle Zeus

OP
OP
Colonial Zoyboy

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Colonial Silver Zeus said:
I will never forget today for as long as I live. Between us yucking it up and Kirk yacking it up there is plenty of memories forever burned onto my hardrive. You had a great day today Zoyboy. It's what we are after.
Uncle Zeus

It is what we are after indeed, you looney boy. OOOOF :D Whenever a large coppa, Colonial or any American large cent, surfaces, it is considered a very successful hunt.

Hopefully, for next week, Mr. Zoysterboy will allow us to hunt his property. :icon_sunny: We should excavate a few coppas there as well, you looney boy. OOOF :D

Lemony Snicket

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Zoy,

That was the most hilarious thread of all time! No, folks, my brother did not fabricate this story for your amusement.

At this minute in time, we are laughing super hard. :D Yes, I was a sickly passionate detectorist today, which led to my ultimate demise at the end of the hunt.

Here are the da-tails: While loading up our gear, I said to my relatives, "I better keep these bags up front." :D Well, after 10 minutes in the car, the hacking began. :D I hacked up my entire blue Gatorade...the entire bag was filled with blue fluid. :D During this moment, Zeus kept saying, "Just keep it in the bag, Looney." :D In between my ultimate hacks and spews, my relatives decided to still have a jovial time...John Walter jokes flying from the backseat (Zoy's location), political chat ("The Stands" :D), etc.

The best part: Since I hacked up my entire gut, my mouth tasted weird, so I decided to lean my head out the window to spit some spit to relieve my foul spit. :D Well, while launching a wad onto the tarmac at 65 m.p.h., out of the blue, my entire gut wanted to hack up some more...spew flinging at super speeds out the window...since Zoy had his window down in back, my spew flung onto his window and onto his face and arms. :D After he b%tched me out about how much of an a$$ I am, he and Zeus decided to joke it up some more. :D The day soon ended with me hacking up the orange Gatorade that Zeus gave me later. :D

Keep the passion high! :thumbsup:

Kirk

OP
OP
Colonial Zoyboy

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Colonial KirkPA said:
Zoy,

That was the most hilarious thread of all time! No, folks, my brother did not fabricate this story for your amusement.

At this minute in time, we are laughing super hard. :D Yes, I was a sickly passionate detectorist today, which led to my ultimate demise at the end of the hunt.

Here are the da-tails: While loading up our gear, I said to my relatives, "I better keep these bags up front." :D Well, after 10 minutes in the car, the hacking began. :D I hacked up my entire blue Gatorade...the entire bag was filled with blue fluid. :D During this moment, Zeus kept saying, "Just keep it in the bag, Looney." :D In between my ultimate hacks and spews, my relatives decided to still have a jovial time...John Walter jokes flying from the backseat (Zoy's location), political chat ("The Stands" :D), etc.

The best part: Since I hacked up my entire gut, my mouth tasted weird, so I decided to lean my head out the window to spit some spit to relieve my foul spit. :D Well, while launching a wad onto the tarmac at 65 m.p.h., out of the blue, my entire gut wanted to hack up some more...spew flinging at super speeds out the window...since Zoy had his window down in back, my spew flung onto his window and onto his face and arms. :D After he b%tched me out about how much of an a$$ I am, he and Zeus decided to joke it up some more. :D The day soon ended with me hacking up the orange Gatorade that Zeus gave me later. :D

Keep the passion high! :thumbsup:

Kirk

You are quite a character, you looney boy. OOOOOOF :D

Lemony Snicket

OP
OP
Colonial Zoyboy

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Detectingfreak said:
Very nice job on the large cent! :thumbsup:

Thank for the reply, Detectingfreak!

This is my 10th large coppa for the year, and the groups 27th for the year. I have set a goal of 20 or more for the year. Our future research sites should yield us handfuls more.

Kyle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread