Picnic grounds silver etc.

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
I went back to the picnic grounds Sunday and found out why there are so many new coins there. The place was packed. Family reunions, club meets etc.. I couldn't hardly hunt my usual spots so I tried the outlying areas. First target was a 1927 Canadian penny. I found a lot of early wheat pennies that need cleaned to reveal the mint marks. I also found a 1908 Indian head penny that looked like it had an "S" mintmark on it, but I'll believe it when I clean it. 3 mercury head dimes including a new one for the coin album(1917-D). Thanks for everyone's comments, this has been a very fun place to hunt. I'm glad I asked permission, I thought for sure the answer would be no, just goes to show. 8)
IM000721.jpg

IM000722.jpg

Upvote 0

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW glad you got to hunt there and hope you can go there again ! got to be more there :thumbsup: congrats and goodluck ;D

R

RUDY2003

Congrats on the dynamite spot Dayton!!!!
Nice pile there...

Keep safe...

Keith

OP
OP
daytondigger

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
I just filled a coin tube up with silver dimes from this place, mostly mercs and a couple Barbers. That doesn't include the ones that filled empty spots in my coin albums. A walker, kennedy, several Barber quarters and washingtons, a few Indians and buffalos and a ton of wheaties. What a great place this has been. I hesitate to try anywhere else, but it's been a while since I've dug any old coppers or seated etc.. I think I'll actually try somewhere new this weekend.

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great going DD. Nice mercs. Looks like the other guy must have been lazy or used a toy detector.

SKD
Beavercreek

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Stay with it until you're satisfied; you never know when permission can be withdrawn. Nice finds, too.

OP
OP
daytondigger

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
halfdime said:
Stay with it until you're satisfied; you never know when permission can be withdrawn. Nice finds, too.
That's probably some good advice, you talked me in to it. Now, if I could actually get a day off from work............. >:(

OP
OP
daytondigger

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
silverfreak said:
nice silver..love diggin' mercs :thumbsup:
Thanks, you SILVERFREAK. I love mercs too, but a nice Standing Liberty Quarter........now that's really something. :-[

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread