NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I went for a very long walk today at another one of my almost hunted out parks. The park is 1 1/4 miles around, and I would have made the walk in about 1/2 an hour, but I had my detector with me ;D. I got 46 Zincoln's, 5 wheats (oldest 1917), 3.25 in quarters, 1.20 in dimes, one 1936 indian nickel, one 1945-S war nickel, and a Jitterbug fishing liure (no hooks)whew...... all in all I needed the exercise :P....... Not GE

Attachments

• pic #1..jpg
    pic #1..jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 623
  • pic #2..jpg
    pic #2..jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 624
Upvote 0

dugdigger

Mar 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
whites xlt & fisher 1265
;D now thats my speed :thumbsup: dd you would'nt happen to be close to north adams?

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a very nice way to spend a day.

Nice finds!!!!

HH

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks all for the encouragement and kudo's. I had fun. the name of the park is; Elizabeth Park in Trenton, Michigan, it has the Detroit river on one side and a buncha picnic areas on the other.

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is the website for anyone who wants to read about this park I hunted yesterday; http://www.waynecounty.com/parks/elizabeth_pk.htm. This is the same park where I have found 2 half dimes, an 1853 U.S. Quarter, numerous injuns (both denominations), about 50 rolls of wheats, Mercs., Barbers, SLQ's (including a 1920-D), about 50 gold rings, over 100 silver rings, 1853 Half dollar, tons of Zincoln's, cubic tons of trash, all kinds of costume jewelry, and if you ever go there, there are heavily mineralized areas, where your machine WILL null. :o. Because the local steel mills gave the park system crushed slag with clinkers, for use of fill in low areas. You can also find Edward N. Hines park on this site, my favorite Floodplain park. Just change name of park in URL, that one is about 17 miles long ;D. Never hiked the full length of that one, close but not quite. You will also see my fav. fishing hole in Hines Park, it is called Newburgh Lake. Many , many, treasure hunters have hunted these parks since metal detector's were born, it's getting tougher and tougher to find nice things, BUT, it is still there!......... Not GE

OP
OP
NGE

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I need a "WOT" Coil...... ;D and I have the patience. But I don't want a brand new one, I want one that someone is P.O.'d about, or it's too awkward for them, or heavy? ::).I am, and have been using the Minelab 10" factory coil, and also have the 7.5" coil...... I am using the Minelab Explorer XS.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread