GOLD...FINALLY!!! (1ST UPDATE) (2ND UPDATE)

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Went out in the front yard of my "iron patch" http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,172914.msg1260522.html#msg1260522
today for about an hour (only md'ing the shady spots) and found my first gold of any kind. It amazes me how many times I keep going over the same area with a different setting on the ACE250 and keep finding more targets. It's only a broken bracelet but it is stamped 14K. I doubt if the diamonds are real but I'll ask the jeweler when I take it to see what it will cost to get it fixed. Thanks for looking, HH Charlie

1st UPDATE:

I took it to the jewelry store as soon as I got off work today and the jeweler was less then helpful. He barely even looked at it and said he couldn't tell for sure because it was too dirty. I asked him if he could test them and he said if I left it there he would have it done in a couple days ??? I DON'T THINK SO! I'm not about to leave it anywhere with someone who knows how to switch the stones if he wants to. He even questioned that it was really 14K gold :tard:

A lady I am friends with worked/ran a jewelry store here in town for years so I took it to show her. She didn't have a tester but said it looked like the real deal to her. She said the round cut stones were .21 to .26 karat (basicly 1/4 karat) and the other stones were not baguette but emerald cut (she didn't want to guess the karat size on them with out measurements). She loaned me a sonic jewelry cleaner and gave me the name of a person in St. Joseph, MO. (about 45 miles away) to take them to for testing. She also said it looked fairly old, not necessarily antique but not very modern either. She estimated (roughly) if the stones tested real and had above average clarity that the retail value would be $7000 to $8000.

Now we all know that retail value and REAL value are two entirely different things so I am still not gonna get my hopes up until I know definately, 100% for sure that they are real. And even then it is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

As much as I hate to wait ( and make all of you wait too) I can't get to St. Joe 'til at least Saturday. My daughter starts volleyball practice tonight and it goes through friday. So I guess we will have to wait 'til Saturday for my second update >:( I have it in the sonic cleaner right now and it needs to stay in there 'til 8 o'clock tonight. I will take some pic's of it after it is cleaned and add them to the post. Thank you all for your interest and support. I promise to let you know as soon as possible.

HH Charlie

2ND UPDATE:

I just could NOT wait until Saturday, I went to St. joe today...

They are NOT real. Sorry everyone. I so wanted them to be real diamonds but I am 100% positive they are CZ's. I took them to a pawn shop and they scracth tested them and offered me $50 for it and then I took it to a coin and jewelry shop and had it thermal tested and they tested negative. The coin and jewelry shop offered me $85 cash or $100 trade for coins. At least it's real gold.

I want to thank each and everyone of you for your support...I really thought they were real too. I guess i will just have to keep digging ;D. The fact that you all had such faith in them being real diamonds just makes me want to keep hunting that much more. I love this site and the support you gave me.

Maybe I shouldn't say this but I am going to anyway...Marc(the owner/administer of this site) sent me a PM saying that if they turned out to be real diamonds he would put my bracelet on the banner. Thank you Marc, the consideration for the banner was more then enough. I love this hobby (obsession) and even if I never find anything worthy of the banner at least I got this close.

Thank you to each and everyone of you who replied or even read this post. I have only had a metal detector since March of '08 but I have always had the treasure bug. I love seeing everyones finds and I don't reply to every post I read but I love them all.

Happy Hunting everyone, Charlie

Attachments

• AUGUST FINDS 006 (Large).jpg
    AUGUST FINDS 006 (Large).jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 1,641
  • AUGUST FINDS 007 (Large).jpg
    AUGUST FINDS 007 (Large).jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 1,633
  • AUGUST FINDS (Large).jpg
    AUGUST FINDS (Large).jpg
    60 KB · Views: 1,639
Upvote 0

dex378

Dec 1, 2007
Foxboro, Massachussetts
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Re: GOLD...FINALLY!!!

I am certain those diamonds are real. I even know the maker of that bracelet. Zales produced that bracelet with J/K SI3 diamonds.

AZ-Mtnman

Jul 25, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab

I agree with Dex, I paid a lot of money for a ring with the same stones in it. I believe they called those stones "baguettes". Not 120 yrs old, but still a great find. Congrats.

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

that gold bracelet sure is a beautie :headbang:

Oct 19, 2007
born in 3 sisters, tx. now living west of tilden
Detector(s) used
X-Terra70, X-Terra 50, Ace250, Ace150, GTI 1500,GTA 1000 Ultra, Tejon, Vaquero

Hi Savant365

On the Ace250 i have mine set up this way in Custom Mode:

I accept everything you see in the Jewlery mode then disc. out
the Zinc penny it will come back in as being in the .10¢ catagorey
but you will end up Discing out more trash this way, shure does
work good this way.

Also that bracelett is a great find! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
savant365

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

Wow...thanks everyone, I would love to respond to all of your posts individually but I'm headed out to hunt some more, LOL. I really appreciate the responses and all the good wishes. I will update as soon as I find out for sure. Everyone have a great day :coffee2: HH Charlie

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BEAUTIFUL find, Charlie!! :o Good luck hunting today! :thumbsup:

Nana :)

OP
OP
savant365

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

Nana40 said:
BEAUTIFUL find, Charlie!! :o Good luck hunting today! :thumbsup:

Nana :)

Thanks Nana

Moonshadow said:
tymcmurray said:
"only a broken bracelet" Are you kidding me??? ???
Great find!

My thoughts exactly!! Way to go on an awesome find!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

HH,
Moon

I didn't really think the diamonds had a chance of being real because there are so many of them. After reading all these posts though now I really have my hopes up.

HH Charlie

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WOW!!! If those are diamonds you got quite a find there!! That is a beauty!! I'm pulling for you!!

HH,
Ramapirate

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:thumbsup: That is a very beautiful bracelet! :thumbsup:I haven't ever seen one that style before and I am hopeing those stones are real for you.

Steve

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6

Definately a keeper. Bet the diamonds are REAL. Pulling for you. Still looks like a BANNER find to me. :thumbsup:

Congrats on a great find.

Ray S

get-r-dug

Jun 17, 2008
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

I agree that the diamonds are probably REAL!!!

But when you go to get it checked if the guy or gal says they are not real and offers to take it off your hands you might want to get a second opinion. Sorry I guess I just don't trust people mostly. Everyone is most people are out to make a buck even if they gotta screw you to do it. :(

Congrats on a really nice find. HH grd

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Please take the bracelet somewhere reliable and don't let it out of your site! A thermal density tester is non-evasive, they can do it in front of you in seconds. I used to have one. My brother and I bought a 99/1 ratio bag of cubic zerconia to diamonds about 15 years ago. It took us about a month to separate 37 carats (millies to 1/2 carat stones) TW of diamonds from a zillion cut cubic zirconia. Diamonds ring or cause the proper light to come on on the unit as soon as you touch them. Go to a place that's willing to test them in front of you, you'll hear the beep or see it light up depending on the type tester when they make contact with the stone.

We are all pulling for you!
Ramapirate

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter

OK its Monday, did you get it tested? Just got to know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions