GOLD...FINALLY!!! (1ST UPDATE) (2ND UPDATE)

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Went out in the front yard of my "iron patch" http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,172914.msg1260522.html#msg1260522
today for about an hour (only md'ing the shady spots) and found my first gold of any kind. It amazes me how many times I keep going over the same area with a different setting on the ACE250 and keep finding more targets. It's only a broken bracelet but it is stamped 14K. I doubt if the diamonds are real but I'll ask the jeweler when I take it to see what it will cost to get it fixed. Thanks for looking, HH Charlie

1st UPDATE:

I took it to the jewelry store as soon as I got off work today and the jeweler was less then helpful. He barely even looked at it and said he couldn't tell for sure because it was too dirty. I asked him if he could test them and he said if I left it there he would have it done in a couple days ??? I DON'T THINK SO! I'm not about to leave it anywhere with someone who knows how to switch the stones if he wants to. He even questioned that it was really 14K gold :tard:

A lady I am friends with worked/ran a jewelry store here in town for years so I took it to show her. She didn't have a tester but said it looked like the real deal to her. She said the round cut stones were .21 to .26 karat (basicly 1/4 karat) and the other stones were not baguette but emerald cut (she didn't want to guess the karat size on them with out measurements). She loaned me a sonic jewelry cleaner and gave me the name of a person in St. Joseph, MO. (about 45 miles away) to take them to for testing. She also said it looked fairly old, not necessarily antique but not very modern either. She estimated (roughly) if the stones tested real and had above average clarity that the retail value would be $7000 to $8000.

Now we all know that retail value and REAL value are two entirely different things so I am still not gonna get my hopes up until I know definately, 100% for sure that they are real. And even then it is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

As much as I hate to wait ( and make all of you wait too) I can't get to St. Joe 'til at least Saturday. My daughter starts volleyball practice tonight and it goes through friday. So I guess we will have to wait 'til Saturday for my second update >:( I have it in the sonic cleaner right now and it needs to stay in there 'til 8 o'clock tonight. I will take some pic's of it after it is cleaned and add them to the post. Thank you all for your interest and support. I promise to let you know as soon as possible.

HH Charlie

2ND UPDATE:

I just could NOT wait until Saturday, I went to St. joe today...

They are NOT real. Sorry everyone. I so wanted them to be real diamonds but I am 100% positive they are CZ's. I took them to a pawn shop and they scracth tested them and offered me $50 for it and then I took it to a coin and jewelry shop and had it thermal tested and they tested negative. The coin and jewelry shop offered me $85 cash or $100 trade for coins. At least it's real gold.

I want to thank each and everyone of you for your support...I really thought they were real too. I guess i will just have to keep digging ;D. The fact that you all had such faith in them being real diamonds just makes me want to keep hunting that much more. I love this site and the support you gave me.

Maybe I shouldn't say this but I am going to anyway...Marc(the owner/administer of this site) sent me a PM saying that if they turned out to be real diamonds he would put my bracelet on the banner. Thank you Marc, the consideration for the banner was more then enough. I love this hobby (obsession) and even if I never find anything worthy of the banner at least I got this close.

Thank you to each and everyone of you who replied or even read this post. I have only had a metal detector since March of '08 but I have always had the treasure bug. I love seeing everyones finds and I don't reply to every post I read but I love them all.

Happy Hunting everyone, Charlie

Attachments

• AUGUST FINDS 006 (Large).jpg
    AUGUST FINDS 006 (Large).jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 1,640
  • AUGUST FINDS 007 (Large).jpg
    AUGUST FINDS 007 (Large).jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 1,632
  • AUGUST FINDS (Large).jpg
    AUGUST FINDS (Large).jpg
    60 KB · Views: 1,638
Upvote 0

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Re: GOLD...FINALLY!!!

Thats an excellent find!
At 14k I wouldnt write the stones off as fake, either.
Congrats.....Joe

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I betcha they are real diamonds... What a great find you have there... cannot wait to hear the confirmation that it is real diamonds... wohooooooo :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound

Awesome Find!! A couple of comments to make your ticker tick faster. I have never seen fake stones in a 14 k setting. Fake stones usually are mounted into a mirrored setting to give the reflection to match a diamond or other precious stone. I think you found the real thing and probably worth more than a thousand bucks. Now who was playing hide and seek with the woman in your front yard when she broke the bracelet and lost it? ;D One great find for your front yard... HH Ralph

OP
OP
savant365

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

jopher said:
Thats an excellent find!
At 14k I wouldnt write the stones off as fake, either.
Congrats.....Joe

Thanks joe, HH Charlie
Bootybay said:
I betcha they are real diamonds... What a great find you have there... cannot wait to hear the confirmation that it is real diamonds... wohooooooo :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I sure hope you're right (cross your fingers for me) ;D
petersra said:
Awesome Find!! A couple of comments to make your ticker tick faster. I have never seen fake stones in a 14 k setting. Fake stones usually are mounted into a mirrored setting to give the reflection to match a diamond or other precious stone. I think you found the real thing and probably worth more than a thousand bucks. Now who was playing hide and seek with the woman in your front yard when she broke the bracelet and lost it? ;D One great find for your front yard... HH Ralph

Thanks a lot Ralph, now I wont get any sleep 'til I get it checked out Monday. As for playing "hide and seek" with a woman, this house is over 120 years old and has been in my family since 1945. Before my grandparents bought it, it was a rooming house and a farm before that. The number of people that have been in this yard is anyones guess. HH Charlie

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+

I agree...those are probably real diamonds and you have found a real beauty!! Get it checked out as soon as you can and update us. Great find!

Ray

OP
OP
savant365

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

Ray in CA said:
I agree...those are probably real diamonds and you have found a real beauty!! Get it checked out as soon as you can and update us. Great find!

Ray

You guys are gonna make me go nuts all weekend now...LOL. I get off work at noon on Monday and I will go straight to the jewelry store and find out. I hope they are real, my girls need school clothes ::) HH Charlie

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp

they seem to sparkle :thumbsup:

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

:thumbsup:
Man I would still be screamin and dancin if I foun a piece like that. I haven't found a single piece of 14k that had fake stones yet. Hope they test real for ya. WTG
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter

No sleep this weekend ;D
Real nice!

Born Free

Oct 27, 2007
Davenport, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Gold is gold.
It's quite spectacular looking and I can't wait to hear what the jeweler says about the stones. I've never found any gold or diamonds (yet) but got a diamond tester so I'll be ready...the wait would be killer!! We will be looking for the update!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

W :o W, that's a beautiful bracelet...what a whopper of a find :thumbsup: Congrats!

:wink: RR

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Congrats on the GOLD! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

May you be pleasantly surprised by having real diamonds in there.

Last week Captn SE tested my ring collection and I was very surprised by one of my rings...the one with 21 diamonds arranged in 3 groups of 7: http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,174947.0.html

All I can say is you got to try to get them checked and hold on to your hat when they are!

HH Joe

Lucky boy

Jul 21, 2007
Houston Tx.
Detector(s) used
ACE250x2/Bounty Hunter 101/RadioShack

That is a fantastic find :o I asure you thr diamonds are real :wink: I bought my wife one exactly like it for her bday 9 years ago and i paid over 1,300.00 >:(

congradulations

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread