Pull Tab, Pull Tab, Pull Tab......Gold Ring (my first)

Mike K in Va.

Jun 28, 2008
Danville Virginia
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 & MXT E Series
To begin with I want to Thank Everyone for the encouragement, advice, pointers and opinions to keep digging those iffy and pull tab signals. I finally found my first wheat penny: 1946
Was so happy, I couldn't stand it! But still alot of trash in this area. My MDing buddy popped out a 14k Mens Wedding Band. Torn my nerves up, but was happy for him. Thinking to myself, there goes another gold ring I won't find. :icon_scratch: then he popped out a mercury dime ??? and a few wheat pennies >:(
THEN along came MARRY :icon_queen: I got an iffy signal on a nickle/pull tab but I was digging eveything anyway. I was only a inch and a half from my first gold and didn't even know it. Took my digging tool and was looking to uncover the usual pull tab when out came the 14k gold ring. Ladies wedding band, then come the GOLD DANCE in the middle of the soccer field... sorry no video of the dance.

Thanks again everyone and Good Luck on your next HUNT! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• shit.jpg
    shit.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 619
  • stuff.jpg
    stuff.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 625
  • story.jpg
    story.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 614
Upvote 0

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Thats amazing! Im still looking for my first gold ring. Been hunting three months and got silver and old wheaties. But no gold ring yet. Thats awesome!! Congratulations dude! Good luck on your next hunt! Remember to always listen for tone...tone...tone! :) Great looking ring! :)

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
beautiful ring! and congrats on the first, i love finding gold, it sure is a great feeling. But holy cow that was a lot of pull tabs to go through.

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Congrats on your first gold!! Gotta dig the foil/pulltabs to get that gold!! I've changed what I dig and dig a ton of trash, even more than I have in the past...but at 41 gold rings for the year, no matter how many pull tabs you dig, the next one can always be gold!!

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Contgrats on your first gold ring. It is a nice one too.

My first ring was found in a mine field of pull tabs too.

NICE!!!!

P

Pentico

Aha your first gold ring!
You will never forget the date, time and place!
Congrats on your first gold ring!
Hope many more to come.
Denver Nugget

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG on the ring! IT'S IN THERE! Just a matter of time. Then you get one. Then another, and another. But they are never expected. They just keep POPPING UP. It's not the clad that you will remember. It's that ring.... and the next. Good job! TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions