JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where I usually don't hunt any more because I never find much. Oh, guess what, I didn't find much. Now remind me why I went there again? Found another in a series of earrings that I must be collecting, and a question about a fishing rig?

all.jpg

And this is the great find of the day, looks like early Eckerds or the CVS period? Too well built for Wally World.
hair.jpg

Someone must know that I am collecting these earrings, with the small one today, I'm heading for a full house.
earrings.jpg

Now, I've only been fishing since I was about 3, so I'm no expert, but I'm still trying to figure out what this guy was doing with this rig?
hook.jpg

Happy Hunting, Jack

Upvote 0

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you got hoops in every size now lol thats weird. Thats a pretty barrett, and you can't find gold everytime! ;D atleast you got out

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Thats awesome! I never give up and have been hunting for three months with the explorer SE! Got 1 silver rosie and 1 silver dog pendent. Nice job on the finds!!! :) Its always just to get out and see the sunrise or the sun and the trees!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
JackInFlorida

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tymcmurray said:
Is that a fish eye on that hook?
Not big enough for shark...LOL!

I'm thinking sea shell.

HEY, maybe he was planning to cast out and hit the fish on the head with the weight?

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
That rig is set up for trolling, specifically for the lead eating flounder. They are a common sport fish since a tiny one can weigh upwards of 15 pounds. Never eat one though, for obvious reasons (lead poisoning). :tard:

OP
OP
JackInFlorida

JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cheese said:
That rig is set up for trolling, specifically for the lead eating flounder. They are a common sport fish since a tiny one can weigh upwards of 15 pounds. Never eat one though, for obvious reasons (lead poisoning). :tard:

Wow, and here I just thought the guy was just an idiot! Boy, do I feel stupid.

Jack

Daddio53

Apr 5, 2008
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, Tesoro Lobo, Tesoro Golden microMax
It's funny to see your finds. I spent a few days on Clearwater beach in Florida in April and I swear it was the cleanest beach in the world! I found a dime and a penny and that was it. I didn't even find a pop top or a bottle cap. I expected to find a lot of change, but only 11 cents! I would have been happy if I found one quarter. Of course there were about 5 other deectorists on the same beach, but they all were coming up empty too. So when I saw you had a dime and a penny it made me laugh. I hate clean beaches.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread