Last Day Of My Outer Banks Trip- Sterling Silver TWICE! :)

Kiwini

Greenie
Jul 22, 2008
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett VLF/TR Deepseeker 5.5" coil, White's CoinMaster 2000/D
I posted the first 2 pics of my OBX finds in the Metal Detecting forum, and posting my last one here. I ended up with a total of $4.99 in change and a sterling silver earring and small ring. Had a pretty nice time, weather was great, couldn't ask for better (except GOLD...). Not sure what the big rusty donut is, but it was found 20 or 30 feet from the other two pieces I found, along with part of the rod they go on. I'm not a boater, but think it might be part of an anchor, boat hitch or sinker... Hope you enjoy the pic :)

Attachments

• treasure_outerbanks_3.jpg
    treasure_outerbanks_3.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 367
Upvote 0

MrBling

Aug 12, 2008
North Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster PI/Garrett Ace 250
I want to know who was the weirdo drinking Newcastle Brown Ale at the beach! :tongue3:

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver.

I love that beer cap collection. Your picture reminds me of my last time out :(

HH

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the silver...

What part of the OBX? How were the beaches?

I'm heading down on Saturday.

NJ

OP
OP
K

Kiwini

Greenie
Jul 22, 2008
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett VLF/TR Deepseeker 5.5" coil, White's CoinMaster 2000/D
Thanks for the replies! The beaches were nice, and as for detecting, they're a lot easier to sift on the back 1/2 away from the water... then the closer to the water you get it turns kinda mucky, at least for sifting. I was in Kill Devil Hills, but drove up and down maybe 2 miles to check out other areas. The public parking areas are handy, but very small and usually full.

If you think the Newcastle cap was bad, imagine what I was thinking when I dug up a Guinness Extra Stout cap! Here's a composite pic of ALL the finds that made it off the beach with me...thank goodness they put trash barrels on the beach. I tossed a few fireworks sticks, few soda cans that people had buried close to 2 feet under the sand- one was packed full with sand. This is about everything though. The beaches actually seemed pretty clean. I dug up poptabs 6-9 inches down, so the detector was doing its job. Oh, I didn't dig all the signals. There were a bunch that were probably caps, and if I didn't have the ambition at the time I left them, but I made sure to give it a decent honest effort to dig most of them. Now THIS is a lot of bottle caps! :D

Attachments

• all_treasure_from_obx.jpg
    all_treasure_from_obx.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 219

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions