My FIRST Chuck E Cheese token! Oh yeah and BIG silver!!!

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Well it rained all day Thursday and Friday here. No a light rain either a nice heavy soaking rain for almost the whole time both days. So Baldingboy and I had made plans to sneak on Saturday night and detect after my wife got home from work. Yesterday at 11:30 my sister called and said she was going to see my mom and wanted my two youngest kids to go with her, and I NEVER get a Saturday off from the kids so I agreed.

I took my 16 y/o out and we test drove a few cars for something to do and because I really want a new car. Then we talked about going to a movie so we went home and I was looking at the movies when he came in and told me that he was going to his mom's. So I started thinking. It's 4:30 on a Saturday afternoon the ground is good and moist, no kids, no wife, detecting without any remorse. Can life get any better????

I threw on my detecting clothes and headed out. Called BB on the way but he was busy getting his back waxed??? :tongue3: Actually he was at a B-Day party. So I told him where I was going to be and I headed out. IT was HOT and HUMID!! But man what a rush!

I started out not really finding much and then hit two keys, parts of a coffee pot, and a rose tag. Then I was about to quit and take a break when BB showed up. We started digging and I hit the two tootsie toy cars then the BIG ONE!!! :oWhat was funny was not 15 minutes before I found the big ol Chrysler Tootsie I had just told the neighbor about the one I found early in the spring and that I had to give it up and you just don't find those very often. I believe i told them it was a "once in a lifetime" type find. Oh well was I wrong!

Now the car is in BAD shape and NO I did not do that with my digger because it was in the middle of a big chunk of mud that was intact when I pulled it out of the ground. But still it is neat. The other says A RUN BOUT and the other says MONZA but I cannot find out if they were made by Tootsie or not.

I then found the little M item that looks like it might have either been a necklace or maybe to a keychain.

Well one wheat penny later and about two hours I told BB it was time to move to another site and man am I glad I did! :thumbsup:

Things weren't going too good at the new place when I came across my first Chuck E Cheese token!!! (yay Nick!) I then found what I thought was a bell but turned out to be part of a candle stick holder. I got a call from the wife and she went on for about 5 minutes about how I should be at home waiting for her instead of out detecting. At the time I just blew her off but after thinking about it maybe I should have..............nah.

I told BB I was going around back of the house and headed that way. Got part of an Avon lipstick tube and then a wheat penny, then the switch. I turned the switch several times but nothing seems to happen. :icon_scratch: :tard:

I as giving up and getting ready to go and reached down to turn off the Beast when it purred that sweet sound I haven't heard since two hunts ago and I thought "yeah baby a merc!" Turns out it wasn't meant to be. I flipped the plug over and fell backwards onto my overly large backside!!! There in the side of the plug was a BIG piece of silver!! :o The biggest I have ever seen in one of my holes!!! I resisted the urge to grab it and ran around to the front of the house. BB thought I was trying the scare thing again at first but I told him "Come on BB you HAVE to see this." Then I did a complete back flip!!! I didn't know I had it in me!!!

We walked back and I showed the coin to BB in the hole and then I pulled it out. I saw a really worn but definite Eagle on the back!!! I knew I had hit old silver!!!! :thumbsup: :o

I flipped it over and sure enough a WALKING LIBERTY HALF!!! :o I was so excited!

AS you can see it is VERY worn and NO date is on it. The nick on the side was there before I got to the coin. I have finally hit the older silver and a big one at that!!!
Thanks for looking and sorry this is sooo long.

Attachments

• stuff.JPG
    stuff.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 984
  • keys.JPG
    keys.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,034
  • tootsiebig.JPG
    tootsiebig.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 999
  • tootbigin.JPG
    tootbigin.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 999
  • chrysler.JPG
    chrysler.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 981
  • back.JPG
    back.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 983
  • bcin.JPG
    bcin.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 969
  • carfront.JPG
    carfront.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 979
  • cct.JPG
    cct.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 995
  • coin.JPG
    coin.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 972
  • cs.JPG
    cs.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 966
  • keeps.JPG
    keeps.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 969
Upvote 0
OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used

Attachments

• m.JPG
    m.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 988
  • manoil.JPG
    manoil.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 947
  • mback.JPG
    mback.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 954
  • pinkin.JPG
    pinkin.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 942
  • razdaz.JPG
    razdaz.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 944
  • runbout.JPG
    runbout.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 941
  • switch.JPG
    switch.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 935
  • tanker.JPG
    tanker.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 932
  • wheab.JPG
    wheab.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 921
  • latch.JPG
    latch.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 959

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
You did it, Larry!! You finally did it!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I knew as hard as you work your machine, you would eventually end up with BIG silver!!!
She's a worn Walker, but it's got a lot of character to it! What a rush, huh?

Major congrats to you!!

CAPTN SE
Dan

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
WHHOOOOHOOO Way to go ME, Man looks likes you did alot of digging to get that one!

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did fantastic way to go lots of cool finds and the silver is GREAT! I like the "M" too for Master Eage master of the beast!

See you in Oct.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mental granny said:
See you in Oct.

Ummm...has something changed that I was not aware of? 8)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ME!!! :icon_king: Way to go!!!!! I know that one made your week!! :thumbsup: Awesome big silver! And the CC token! :wink: Great!

You've got to take it easy on BB. :P :D

So happy for ya! :-* Nana

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Awesome job my friend!! So glad to see you out having fun and finding some really great stuff too! Congrats!!! :angel8: :occasion16: :wav: :occasion16: :angel8:

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Nana: NO change YET! But in this one instance of my life I am trying to be an optimist... :-\

Thanks everyone. I can tell you that my heart was beating really fast and I think it says 1916-S on the coin ::) :wink: ;D

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
I had NEVER seen a happier guy! Come to think of it, I have never seen a guy that big do a back flip. :icon_scratch:

Baldingboy

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
excellent finds mastereagle22 :thumbsup: and welcome to the chuck-E-cheese club :headbang: you are now an official member 8)

Attachments

• an-08.gif
    an-08.gif
    26.9 KB · Views: 720

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Congrats on some cool finds! Can you do a closeup of the date area? It does look like a "3" at the end and it would probably be a 23 or 33 S. It's hard to imagine a 43 being so worn.

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
Oh yeah!! Big silver is right! I've yet to get a silver half but I know it'll be just as big a rush as when I got my silver Morgan. Congrats on the sweet find!!!!! Hopefully you'll be able to get a date off it.

Ray

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
How SWEET!!! She's a Beauty, date or not! And I love the other assorted STUFF, cars especially!! Glad you got out for a good hunt, and thanks for the alert!! :-* :-* ;D :D

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Here you go...

I still think it says 1916-S ::)

Attachments