Detecting with Grandson

dakotama95

Feb 26, 2007
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, White's DFX
My grandson spent the weekend with us and as soon as soon as he got here, He went to his toy box and wanted his metal detector so that we could go looking for metal. He sure knows how to make his grandma happy. For 3 years old and a kiddy detector he did pretty good even though all of his finds were surface finds in front of Papa's garage.

Attachments

• CIMG7574a.jpg
    CIMG7574a.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 467
  • CIMG7576a.jpg
    CIMG7576a.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 495
Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He'll have a DFX by 6 year old :D

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's awesome! Looks like you both had a great day..he'll remember those times with you forever.

Nat

limitedthoughts

Mar 8, 2008
vale, oregon
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Quick Silver
Im glad hes gonna be able to do it. My step son gets bored after 90 seconds.. Then i find a silver coin and hes all for helping for another 90 seconds.

Just glad Theres one to in the world going to carry this hobby forward.

LT

P.s. Hes a good treasure. Better then any silver.

OP
OP
dakotama95

dakotama95

Feb 26, 2007
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, White's DFX
I was really impressed that he stayed out there as long as he did. He worked at it for about 1 1/2 hours and that is pretty good for someone his age. He did happen to find a screwdriver bit that Papa uses all the time. So that was helpful.

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW,

Wish I started at that age, Id have so many kewl things. I know hell love it more when he gets a little older but it is amazing he did it for 1 1/2. My little brother is 9 and ur lucky if he can stand still for 30 seconds. Congrats on a future treasure hunter!!!

Crackbadger

I love that detector where did u get it?

OP
OP
dakotama95

dakotama95

Feb 26, 2007
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, White's DFX
CRACKBADGER said:
WOW,

Wish I started at that age, Id have so many kewl things. I know hell love it more when he gets a little older but it is amazing he did it for 1 1/2. My little brother is 9 and ur lucky if he can stand still for 30 seconds. Congrats on a future treasure hunter!!!

Crackbadger

I love that detector where did u get it?

It is just the right size for him. I don't know where my daughter got it but I will check with her and get back with you on that. In the spring I tried to teach him to use a trwel his first time out but I think it was to much to grasp all at one time. so for now we will stick with surface finds and then dig a little next spring in the sand. I think he will enjoy htat more. HH

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Great post! ;D

Finding that driver bit was a good thing. I'll bet he'll have a blast in the sand lot or the wood chips of a playground with that machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions