jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Hello fellow Tnetters,
It has been a while since I last posted. I finally got away from work and the usual to do lists and took a few hours to look over a house circa 1910. You know the kind of place that gives you that feeling that there is treasure in that ground down below. Well it was just that, a great place to hunt and share the time with a friend was even better. Ninety percent of the time I always hunt with a friend not because it is just more safe, but because we have been bumming around for nearly 35 years and he loves this sport of dirt fishing just as much as I do.
The day started out great as we tackled the small but productive front yard. I struck first with a 1926 Wheatie. He followed up and trumped me with a 1916. We fought back and forth through the entire front yard. Me with a few more wheats and he in turn got me back with two 1917 wheaties in the same hole. Both were about 5 to 6 inches down. Then I trumped him back with a silver strike..a 1930 Merc.
Finally the drought of no silver was over. Then he had to jab me with a left hook and pull out a small ring with a glistening diamond...(I hope it is real, but no bench mark). Still a great find from 6 inches below. All of this in the front yard...wow, could it get any better. Of course the vibe was still there. Went on to find a bunch of clad under the clothes line and a cool Milk Token. Good for one pint of milk from I.Berns on W. Division Street Bell P. 2456...Wherever that is. (any info on that one would be greatly appreciated).
I got a quick 1929 wheatie and he continued to grab clad from below. The dark was quickly coming so I decided to return to the front yard and give it a go again for any straggler finds. This time slowed way down and swept the coil in a different direction. As I got a decent signal about the same time as he did I asked him what he thought his was. He saif 82, 84 on the VDI, I said be careful with that one..could be silver. I stood above as he dug the target and as soon as he popped it out I knew what he had. He thought it was a token of some sort....NOT...it was our very first Barber Dime. A 1906 well worn one, but none the less it was a Barber. Sweeeeeeet...
All in all we doubled up on silver, doubled up on 1917 wheats, doubled up on 1926 wheats..and of course I forgot we doubled up on Mason jar lids...Haaaa It was a great day...HH and be safe out there while enjoying this great sport! Jgas..

Attachments

• Grandview 1.JPG
    Grandview 1.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 560
  • Grandview 9.JPG
    Grandview 9.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 553
  • Grandview 8.JPG
    Grandview 8.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 544
  • Grandview 7.JPG
    Grandview 7.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 551
  • Grandview 6.JPG
    Grandview 6.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 560
  • Grandview 5.JPG
    Grandview 5.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 556
  • Grandview 4.JPG
    Grandview 4.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 546
  • Grandview 3.JPG
    Grandview 3.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 549
  • Grandview 2.JPG
    Grandview 2.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 550
Upvote 0

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, I like em all but really like the milk token.

toolman61

May 31, 2008
You and your buddy had a great day! I hope the diamond turns out to be real for yall!! It was neck and neck till the barber lady cut your hair. HH Tom

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
Nice job. those are some cool finds. The token is my favorite, is there a West Divion Street near you? The "Bell P. 2456" refers to the Bell Telephone number. Here in Dayton, OH we had 2 phone companies back in the day, Home Telephone and Bell Telephone. Some merchants would advertise phone numbers through both phone companies. There is a dairy token book out there, it would be nice if someone could check to see if it's listed.

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, great looking soil, as well. Can you show both sides of that token? Some of us here have been living vicariously by the token finds of others. Me, for one. Simply put, if I don't dig one up real soon, you may be reading about me. And not on a detecting web page. Could get ugly. May get ugly. Will get ugly.
CurbdiggerCarl

Old_Okie

Jun 14, 2007
Great hunt. Congrats on first barber.

That was one big gaudy earscrew in it day. Too bad all the stones are gone.

HH

Old_Okie

jsteven

Aug 27, 2008
Congrats for that nice collection of coins.It seems that you have good interesting on coins and other monuments. The pictures of coins are great. It been a great experience going through that. Hope that the milk token and others coins are good at collection for you.
------------------------------------------
Jack Steven
Missouri Alcohol Addiction Treatment

OP
OP
jgas

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks for all the replies. I will post a back side view of the token. I hope it turns out good to post it. Thanks for the info on the token and the Bell P # on the back. Never knew that kinda stuff. It was a fun hunt that it for sure. Went out today at another site and pretty much struck out. But I will post that stuff too. HH jgas

OP
OP
jgas

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
More pics of the front and back of the Milk Token. Thanks again for all the replies. I hope you can further identify where and whom I. Bern is. HH Jgas

Attachments

• Token 1.JPG
    Token 1.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 163
  • Token 2.JPG
    Token 2.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 155
  • token 3.JPG
    token 3.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 153

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread