8/23 and 8/27 Silver

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
This Saturday I headed to a park where Tom (LI TOM) and I hunted the previous weekend. My original plan was to wake up early and stop at a local park before going there, but I didn't wake up early and ended up with a serving of one park only. I faired two coins the last time I was there, so I didn't expect more or less. At the end of the day I managed five mercury dimes. I also took some time to familiarize Tom with his Explorer..........I'm hoping he abandons the M6 this year, but that will be Tom's personal decision as I always say to him.

Tue/8-26 I headed to some familiar grounds/woods. I was tempted to go back to the usual areas I have been detecting there, but the possiblity of finding something older always attracts me to those woods. In the end, I managed five more silver coins. Put everything together including the clad finds and photographed it. As usual, photos enclosed...

Attachments

• DSC01175.JPG
    DSC01175.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 511
  • DSC01176.JPG
    DSC01176.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 493
Upvote 0

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
WOW man! You always find a good amount of silver coins! You are a silver coin magnet! WOOHOO!!!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats bud, great finds!!! :thumbsup:

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver Ricardo! I got your PM and tried to respond back to you but your inbox was full. Anyway, thanks for the info and I will let you know how it goes!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
I see you're at it again. ;D

So much for those hunted out parks, huh? I knew once you got better with that machine, that your previously heavily worked parks would start producing by the handfuls. That's all I've been detecting this year. No new parks for me.

Nice going, Ricardo!!

CAPTN SE
Dan

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Wow, you are really hauling it in! ;D Any older dates on the mercs? The one looks pretty worn - probably a 1919 (those seem to be common).

Bob

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Wow Ricardo nice Haul...You are killin those parks buddy..WTG... :thumbsup: jgas

toolman61

May 31, 2008
As always nice pile of silver! If you aren't carefull your gonna corner the silver market LOL HH Tom

pointdlr

Sep 30, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Ricardo,

Great Job. Love to see you pulling out all that silver. I tried to PM you a question about where you found an 8" Explorer coil. Your inbox was full, so I ask the question here: What is the model name of the 8" coil, and where did you find one? Thanks in advance.
Jon Dickinson.

MikeOregon

Nov 26, 2005
Detector(s) used
White's V3
Wow! Nice job! I don't think there are many parks in Oregon that have that many silver coins in them. Keep up the good work!

Mike

karib2517

Jan 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab X50 : Another world inches below us.
All the silver GONE out of NY,nice digs.

OP
OP
Ricardo_NY1

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
pointdlr said:
Ricardo,

Great Job. Love to see you pulling out all that silver. I tried to PM you a question about where you found an 8" Explorer coil. Your inbox was full, so I ask the question here: What is the model name of the 8" coil, and where did you find one? Thanks in advance.
Jon Dickinson.
Hello Jon,
I've emptied out my inbox so feel free to respond there. The coil is made by Minelab and it is known as the 8" FBS coil. There is also one put out by Sunray. I managed to find a used one for $85 from someone on another forum. My advice is too look around in the classified sections of these forums or on Ebay. New they run about $179.00

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Man that pile 'O' Silver brings back memories of days gone by. If ya hunted for 4 hours and came home with under 8 pieces, you were having a bad day :(. Now-a-days, if ya come home with 4 pieces, you are a pro. ;D. Thanks for the memories, and Btw, Nice Haul :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CHughes77

Jul 24, 2008
New Castle,Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE w\ Sunray X1 Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet silver as always!! I cant wait till you are able to shoot more videos! Keep up the nice finds...HH...dd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread