Cleaning up the farm

inneedoftherapy

Feb 29, 2008
Between the cornrows, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Well went out to do a little detecting here on the farm. I am itching to get into the fields.

first picture is of a mistrike penny refound this while going through my buckets of iron and what-nots since it is not eaten away to nothing it isnt a newer penny still kinda cool. Found another coal tag this one is from Cavalier Queen. Silver brightens my day 1945 merc it is my fourth silver from the farm a no date pretty lady (3 stars under eagle) this was my third. A neat lil button. need to get some closeups probably nothing anyway. And then I found the other tag stamped 1/8 inch Bur-Mil cotton 15cents.

070212110010.jpg

the next picture the finds from the old 1800's house finding bits and pieces of it from time to time.
the lock plate I am not sure of. The numbers below it were once attached to it the number plate crumbled I was able to save 8554. The window latch is an eastlake from the 1800's. The fork or whatever it belonged to is from W.R. Keystone Carnation pattern from 1908.

070212110332.jpg

Oh the bottles must be pretty that are hiding out been finding a bit of glass scattered here and there oh neeed to get into the side field was pulling out a lot of scrap the dump must be close by.

couple marbles a candle holder nice plate shard with a purple picture design a promising bottom of a bottle,
piece of a dark green bottle all that is left is
NC OIL
RT, NY
and another piece of a clear bottle SISTERS.

070212110534.jpg

I like rocks found these two around where the windmill stands.

070212110640.jpg

Upvote 0

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On your last picture of the two items, I believe the one on the right is a shoe heel plate.

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
The last two items, yes, the one is a toe tap from a shoe, the other appears to be what is left of a bed roll buckle I believe.....
Great finds!
Baggins

JRich98150

May 29, 2007
Middleburg, Florida 32068
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Nice! I believe your blue "candle holder" is actually a salt dip or salt cellar. They were used at the dinning table with each individual having one. They were filled with salt and you would dip your veggies in them. They also occasionally had very small spoons to use with the salt dip. That is a nice one you've found.

JRich

toolman61

May 31, 2008
Nice finds and I'm sure you'll find more!! Now the dump, I've found them in the edge of woods close to the house and also at the edge of woods away from the house. I used to collect bottles also and thats where I looked for the dumps at on older properties. Good luck finding it and I'm sure you will. I like your animals 2! HH Tom

OP
OP
inneedoftherapy

inneedoftherapy

Feb 29, 2008
Between the cornrows, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Well no wooded areas prairie fires were not too friendly to the trees in our area the creekline is finally starting to get established my area of interest for the dump is a low lying area that never gets planted soft area and have found a lot of bits and pieces in this area and surrounding it. around the windmill which is just south east ofthe area I have been finding some very nice pieces of glass nothing intact thinking its all being dragged out from the dump area when theydo the discing I believe. Will have a better idea once the crops are harvested. Cannot wait for that as the farmhands house was located right on the other side of the creek which is all planted right now as well.

Thanks for the id's on the 2 items the one on the right does have a mate it is hurting badly and did not fair well they almost ended up in the junk pile. I am going to have to do a thorough check of my so called junk pile.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread