5 Silver, 17 Wheats, 1 Gold/1 Silver Rings, 21 Hunt Silver Streak Still Alive!!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello my friends!!

The heat has really limited my hunting time for the past month, but I'm still getting out for a few hours here and there when I can, and each hunt has been a lot of fun. This 21 consecutive hunt silver streak has really challenged/pushed me to find at least one silver coin during each hunt in the turf. So far so good. I struggled yesterday to find 1 silver coin, and after digging 14 wheaties(ranging in dates from '21-'58), along with a bunch of 60's memorials/'65 dimes, I found my coin, a '60 Rosie. :D The silver ring I recovered yesterday was a pleasant surprise. It sounded like a deep wheatie. I believe it's an older style, and was down at a depth I was digging '40's-'50's wheaties, around 6". The other Rosies, along with a '41 20 Centavos were found last week at my #1 hot spot; same as yesterday. :headbang:

Earlier this week, I wanted to give my local beach a try with my Explorer. The SE worked great in the wet/dry sand. My best find was the small 10K ladies nugget ring.

I'm not sure how much longer I can continue my streak at this park. It's bound to skunk me soon after recovering over 106 silvers from it this year. Either way, it's going to end where it started. I'm not going anywhere else....gotta go to the spots that reward you the most.

I like the sound of 22, though. ::)

Thanks for looking!!
Keep the Passion High! :thumbsup:

CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_2901_sm.jpg
    IMG_2901_sm.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 832
  • IMG_2903_sm.jpg
    IMG_2903_sm.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 822
Upvote 2

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK now I gotta go back out and dig some more. You have me fired up captain. Now I know where all the silver went. :tongue3:

Burdie

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
I think we're all working harder to find good sites and the detectors are definately working "harder" now than the ones we started with. Congrats on a tremendous silver haul. :thumbsup: Everyone should take note at all the great coins being found, they're out there waiting for us all. You just have to get out there and swing that coil. :icon_sunny:

t-bucket

Bronze Member
Oct 7, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
e-track- Explorer SE explorer 2 -
Re: 5 Silver, 17 Wheats, 1 Gold/1 Silver Rings, 21 Hunt Silver Streak Still Aliv

WTG Dan,Glad you are still finding silver,Sweet finds and Good luck on your next hunt !!!! :thumbsup:

Pipster

Mar 8, 2007
denver
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, vision v3i,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 5 Silver, 17 Wheats, 1 Gold/1 Silver Rings, 21 Hunt Silver Streak Still Aliv

you are really amazing love reading your post ;D and the one's with vids even better keep up the good work :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Nice haul!!! thumbsup

Thanks, TreasureFiend!!

you are the man yet again!!! Smiley Very nice job on the silver and the gold 10k ring!!! Smiley

Thanks, DF!!

106 Silver ??!! Huh Shocked I think I found less than 6 silver this year.... What the....mumble mumble, grunt grunt....!! icon_scratch

Awesome finds, Cheesy

Keep @ it and HH!!

Thanks, MUD(S.W.A.T)!! Good luck on increasing your silver count!!

Nice batch Captn,

You got some nice silver sites. Do you still hunt with a group of buddies. And do they turn up as much as you do. Have you tried hunting any of the wooded area's in your parks. I've found lots of old coins in those areas as well as the open groves.

HH Jer

Thanks, Jer. Yes, I still hunt with my buddies as much as possible, but lately they've all been pre-occupied, so I've been going solo more than ever before. My parks have more hilly areas with lots of brush/trees. It's hard working on a 30-40 degree incline, but I have found some good stuff in the hills. Good luck to you!! I've got to check out your new post!

WoW!

What a great ratio!

Congrats!

Best
rmptr

Thanks, rmptr!!

The Plethora of Argento Continues to Flow ... notworthy

Congratulations Dan ...

Rock On & Persevere ~ Nick

Thanks, Nick, my friend!! Rock On!!

That's a heck of a string of silver finds! Congrats!!!

Thanks, Cybercop106!! I hope it continues for me!

Dan the Wilver Man, headbang

Hey, buddy, I see that you are keeping that great streak alive. You are definitely the BEST park hunter in the world! thumbsup Wow, 106 wilvers from one park...you better slow it down or there will be no more wilver for you a couple years from now. Cheesy You are that good, dude! thumbsup

Have you seen the new E-trac? I bet you are thinking about upgrading! Wink Cheesy

You must keep your streak alive! Go get 22, my friend! thumbsup icon_sunny

Keep your coil low and your passion high! sunny headbang hello2 notworthy blob10 blob3 blob8 toothy2 wav

Kirk

Yo Kirk, how's it going, my good friend! My wilver streak is still alive!! I've greatly exceeded my expectations from this park! A couple of years from now?? I'm not sure in a couple of weeks from now if I can pull anymore silver there. ;D I gotta think about the next hunt. In two years from now, I'll be at a different park, unless a new machine comes out that can go 2-3 inches deeper than the current models. The E-Trac has not proven to me yet that more attainable depth is possible. Good luck to you on your next Colonial outing, my friend from PA. :thumbsup:

[/quote]Seems like everyone is getting silver. How bought some Gold now Dan....Turn it up a notch!
Way to go.[/quote]

Thanks, hunterinthesky!! The gold is small, but it's in the pic!!

Nice

keep going....i dont think your done just yet

Thanks, Jeffk and MisterGee!!

Awesome finds as always my friend thumbsup
Hey didn't you hear what was stated somewhere else?......The guys that find the most silver are the ones who hunt in ferrous tones with no iron mask Grin
Dang buddy...I guess you and I are doing it all wrong. No wonder we don't find many silver coins Grin Cheesy
Grin Cheesy Wink Grin Wink

Bryce, I see you've been reading on the other forum. ;D ;D Wasn't that conversation a little hilarious? :tard: :tongue3: :D Do you think we should be making any changes? Maybe we can find a couple more on each hunt with those other settings. :-X NOT!! :wink: You and I both know better, and I know we're both doing everything right with our machines for the locations we detect at. Good luck on your next hunt, and let me know if you decide to switch to FE/AM anytime soon! ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Nice Haul!!!! Very nice! Keep that silver coming! Why would you want to go anywhere else yet? Please keep posting the finds!
Good Luck
HH!

Thanks, mpostma! Yeah, I'm going to be staying right at that park til I get skunked.

WAAAHOOOO, the Captain's streak is still going...and going...and going...21 times to boot!!!! notworthy occasion18 Dan, you are truly amazing! That park is getting cleaned out by the best park hunter ever! icon_salut If you were detecting in 1970, you would have close to 20,000 wilvers by now. occasion14 Heck, the way you're going, 20,000 wilvers is getting closer and closer! wav

You, my good friend from SoCal, are the best!!! thumbsup

Now, let's keep that streak going!

Keep that fever higher than ever, buddy!

Kyle

Hey, Kyle, that's for your reply, buddy!! I'm sure back in the 70's, if you could get down to 4", you'd have a pile full of silver!! I'll try to extend my streak next week!
Hope you get out this weekend and make some great Colonial finds!! I'll be waiting, my friend from PA!!

Thats remarkable Dan. thumbsup I dont hunt for silver much myself but I have done it in the past and been skunked more often than not at places that should produce silver. Your persistence and skill is definitely paying off. That park wont have any silver left when you are done with it. Future treasure hunters will be banging their heads against the wall BangHead trying to pull silver out of that park.

Rob

Thanks, Rob. This park is a special one, and I know there are some really deep finds beyond 12". So I know our future treasure hunters will be alright....they just have to dig to China to get them. ;D Hope you can find some time to get out to some of your sites. Good Luck!!

Wow Captn Dan! What a streak! icon_king

I can't imagine keeping it going for that long, but I just checked out yout 2007 totals and I couldn't believe my eyes. That streak is no surprise to me now! Here's to keeping it going solid through the rest of the year!

Thanks, Kimsdad! 2007 was an awesome year for me! I'll never top that year, but I'm still having a lot of fun on each hunt. My silver fix is still needed!! ;D

that is a good hunt! congrats.

Thanks, cntrydncr1!!

22 sounds good to me Captain! Go for it man! And congrats on keeping the streak alive!

Thanks, Ricardo!! There's no stopping you either!! :thumbsup:

Great day of hunting there. Congrates!
CurbdiggerCarl

Thanks, Curbdigger!! Good luck to you!!

Dan, your on a continuous roll

Thanks, CrazyJarHead!! Good luck on your next hunt!

Way to go, Nice finds. Good luck with the streak.
Dman

Thanks, Dman!!

OK now I gotta go back out and dig some more. You have me fired up captain. Now I know where all the silver went. tongue3

Burdie

Thanks, Burdie! Fire up that machine of yours and find some deepies!!

I think we're all working harder to find good sites and the detectors are definately working "harder" now than the ones we started with. Congrats on a tremendous silver haul. thumbsup Everyone should take note at all the great coins being found, they're out there waiting for us all. You just have to get out there and swing that coil.

Thanks, DaytonDigger!! You're right...the silver doesn't grow on trees. You have to believe they are right underneath your feet, between 6-10 inches!! Patience and persistence!!

WTG Dan,Glad you are still finding silver,Sweet finds and Good luck on your next hunt !!!! thumbsup

Thanks, T-Bucket!! Let's see another seated!! I know you can do it!! Best of luck to you!!

you are really amazing love reading your post Grin and the one's with vids even better keep up the good work thumbsup

Thanks, Pipster! I'm glad you enjoy them. Good luck to you!!

CAPTN SE
Dan

pistol perfect

Feb 7, 2008
southern california
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug pro
Nice finds!!!!!!!! I hit newport and huntington in june around 8 times and never hit gold!!!!!!! but I stayed on the dry sand... the beach was getting kinda hard for me because there is massive area 2 cover!!!!!!!!!! I found a nice silver braclet in dry sand... they also drag the sand at night in huntington!!!!!! so it drags coins and other things all over the beach!!! was the gold ring in wet sand????

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Captn, what will you do with yourself if you don't find a silver to keep the streak alive? I for one hope that never happens. Great finds again my friend and goodluck on 23, 24 and beyond! jgas

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Nice finds!!!!!!!! I hit newport and huntington in june around 8 times and never hit gold!!!!!!! but I stayed on the dry sand... the beach was getting kinda hard for me because there is massive area 2 cover!!!!!!!!!! I found a nice silver braclet in dry sand... they also drag the sand at night in huntington!!!!!! so it drags coins and other things all over the beach!!! was the gold ring in wet sand?

Thanks, PistolPerfect! Yes, the ring was in about 4 inches under the water of a small saltwater beach swimming hole. I've been finding a lot of coins and junk items at the beach, but little gold also. You just have to dig every signal, and in time you'll get your gold!

You did good again Captain! Congrats! Nice gold ring. Pannonian

Thanks, Pannonian!! Good luck to you!

Nice haul of silver Capn. I like the nugget ring also. I'll have to head out to your neck of the woods and plant some of my colonial coins. Wink
Chris

Thanks, Chris. Yeah, that's what you're going to have to do if I'm going to find a Colonial in my neck of the woods. ;D ;D

Captn, what will you do with yourself if you don't find a silver to keep the streak alive? I for one hope that never happens. Great finds again my friend and goodluck on 23, 24 and beyond! jgas

Thanks, Jgas! I know my streak will end sometime, and it will be at the park that has given me the most silver this year. I just don't know when it will happen. It almost did on Thursday, but I managed to squeak out 1. We'll see what happens this week.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Colonial Silver Zeus said:
Nice haul of silver Capn. I like the nugget ring also. I'll have to head out to your neck of the woods and plant some of my colonial coins. :wink:
Chris
Maybe even a couple three ringer's ;D Unbelievable Dan....Best of Luck to Ya!!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
civilman1 said:
Colonial Silver Zeus said:
Nice haul of silver Capn. I like the nugget ring also. I'll have to head out to your neck of the woods and plant some of my colonial coins. :wink:
Chris
Maybe even a couple three ringer's ;D Unbelievable Dan....Best of Luck to Ya!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks, Civil! Good luck to you too!! Let's see some CW goodies!!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

t-bucket

Bronze Member
Oct 7, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
e-track- Explorer SE explorer 2 -

Dan, I missed the Gold ring congrats.Thats awesome !!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

John Deere Digger

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2007
So Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Prism5, Minelab SE
Nice going Dan, 22 sounds good to me also. My Pro coil has produced silver on every hunt I have used it on but 1 or 2. HH
JDD

SilverLust91

Jul 24, 2013
Greenville, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello my friends!!

The heat has really limited my hunting time for the past month, but I'm still getting out for a few hours here and there when I can, and each hunt has been a lot of fun. This 21 consecutive hunt silver streak has really challenged/pushed me to find at least one silver coin during each hunt in the turf. So far so good. I struggled yesterday to find 1 silver coin, and after digging 14 wheaties(ranging in dates from '21-'58), along with a bunch of 60's memorials/'65 dimes, I found my coin, a '60 Rosie. :D The silver ring I recovered yesterday was a pleasant surprise. It sounded like a deep wheatie. I believe it's an older style, and was down at a depth I was digging '40's-'50's wheaties, around 6". The other Rosies, along with a '41 20 Centavos were found last week at my #1 hot spot; same as yesterday. :headbang:

Earlier this week, I wanted to give my local beach a try with my Explorer. The SE worked great in the wet/dry sand. My best find was the small 10K ladies nugget ring.

I'm not sure how much longer I can continue my streak at this park. It's bound to skunk me soon after recovering over 106 silvers from it this year. Either way, it's going to end where it started. I'm not going anywhere else....gotta go to the spots that reward you the most.

I like the sound of 22, though. ::)

Thanks for looking!!
Keep the Passion High! :thumbsup:

CAPTN SE
Dan

You are really making me jealous :laughing7: Thanks for sharing and I'm sure your streak will continue!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread