Game On!

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Well Don and I went back to battle again at a circa 1904 Home. He beat me last time out with a 1906 Barber, our first by the way. So the Game was on again today. Started out with some much needed rain in our region the night before with a bit of mist still hampering the hunt. Bet since we were both "Jonesing" (if that is a word), we decided to start the hunt under the trees. Picked out a few clad coins near the driveway. Started out with pennies in the 1990's then built our way down to the early 1960's. We could smell the old ones as we got close to the front yard :tongue3:

I really got the game running with a 1927 wheatie. He then attempted to catch me with a 1953 wheatie. Not gonna happen today Don. I felt something good about this yard. I then got a strong penny/ dime signal at 3 inches. I cut the plug and rechecked the hole to see that the signal punched up to near quarter. I was really careful now as I unearthed a 1905 S Barber Dime. Our second in consecutive hunts. Man was I pumped now. The rain began to slow as we continued digging a couple more wheaties. A 1945 and a 191? wheatie.

I guess the luck ran out when we came across a hole in the ground that was swarming with ground nesting yellowjackets! :o Needless to say we were attacked from all directions it seemed. Unfortunately I was digging a 1972 clad penny and my feet were right over the bee hole. Never saw em' coming. I got stung 4 times and Don got hit twice. Talk about running for your lives. Drop the detector gingerly to the ground and run like little girls waving our hats in battle against the wicked stingers. I wish I had Ricardo doing video of that! Haaaaaa.

After the attack, we recovered our wits and kept finding some pretty cool stuff. Don found the compact(Richard Hudnut version) it is called Three Flowers. He also found the Sterling silver spoon pin. Strange why they made a spoon into a piece of jewelry like that. Any one out there ever find something like that? I continued my streak of toy cars and Don found another ring. The Game is On Captn SE...Our silver streak is alive and well, albeit only two in a row. I will never reach the master as far as that goes, but we are sure gonna try! :tongue3: HH and be safe around those Yellowjackets
(Not Georgia)...GO Notre Dame! jgas

Attachments

• Barber 1.JPG
    Barber 1.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 431
  • Barber 2.JPG
    Barber 2.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 430
  • Barber 3.JPG
    Barber 3.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 426
  • Barber 4.JPG
    Barber 4.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 423
  • Barber 5.JPG
    Barber 5.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 416
  • Barber 6.JPG
    Barber 6.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 417
  • Barber 7.JPG
    Barber 7.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 424
  • Barber 8.JPG
    Barber 8.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 422
  • Barber 9.JPG
    Barber 9.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 418
  • Barber 10.JPG
    Barber 10.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 424
Upvote 0

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have never seen a spoon pin, that's very unusual. Really cool find!
CurbdiggerCarl

karib2517

Jan 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab X50 : Another world inches below us.
nice finds,looks like your soil is very good to your targets.

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
The Game is On Captn SE...Our silver streak is alive and well, albeit only two in a row

I'll be rooting for you, Jgas!! I won't start sweating until you have around 20 straight! ;D ;D Go, Go, Go..... :thumbsup:

Congrats on your '05 Barber! Your buddy's sterling spoon pin is very unique also.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice finds! I wonder if that little spoon was a baby spoon that someone had made into jewelry?

I'd say this place is worth hitting again, but maybe you should bring some hornet spray with you next time!

Lookin

Scratch

Aug 29, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber 1000
I remember from somewhere that at one time, women had their children's' baby spoons turned into keepsake jewelry. I can't tell you when it was fashionable.
Good finds! Try a paste of meat tenderizer on the stings.

Jim 2.0

Nov 10, 2007
Pinckney, MI
Detector(s) used
BH, Prizm IV, Tesoro Cortez!
Nice Barber and spoon. Like the toy gun too...Hubley? I'd like to see a cleaned up picture.

HH Jim

OP
OP
jgas

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Thanks for the replies everyone. Captn...I will attempt your to get to 3 in a row on the next hunt. We still have a bit to do on that property.

Scratch: Interesting thoughts on the spoon. Thanks

I will clean the gun and post it. Thanks all....jgas

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
That was a fantastic hunt. sorry to hear about the stings. I'd definately go back there; more to be found

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds man,

I have the same spoon. The soil in your area is nice and sandy.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions