Eyeball finds from this past weekend

*Dig-Dug*

Aug 13, 2008
Herndon, VA - Kill Devil Hills, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Bandito II
I've had better hunts but I'll take what I can get as the opporitunities present themselves -

I came home from work this past Friday to find an open trench 18" x 24" deep x 200' long running between my apartment building and the one behind it. Aparrently some rabbits chewed the old cable tv line and a new one had to go in. Unfortunately my MD had not arrived from the States yet so I was forced to use my eyeballs and hands to sift through the trench and dirt pile. No major finds came of it but I did pick up numerous pottery and bottle shards which had me wishin' I could find something in tact. I was surprised to actually find a couple pieces of clay pipe stem, a porcelin button, and (after the trench was refilled) a German 10 Pfennig coin from 1973 (not pictured)

The best part of this hunt was that my oldest son came out and joined me in the search - the significance in this is that he has never been interested in joining me before. Perhaps there is a new hunting partner in my future???

Anyway here are the pics of "another mans trash" - the first is all the junk and the second is a close up of the pipe stems and button

DSCN3066.JPG DSCN3068.JPG

Upvote 0

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I like em too! I'm saving my shards and hoping to make some type of mosaic with them some day.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the old shards, totally neat eyeball finds... when do you expect your detector to arrive? :thumbsup:

OP
OP
*Dig-Dug*

*Dig-Dug*

Aug 13, 2008
Herndon, VA - Kill Devil Hills, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Bandito II
The MD should arrive anyday now. I hunted this area 8 years ago when I was last posted here and got a variety of relics from different ages (mostly WWII and later). This area was pretty heavily bombed during WWII and afterwards there was alot of earth movement to clear the debris and rebuild the city. There was evidence of material throughout the depth of the trench for the new cable line so who knows what will pop up as I go over it once again. I am told that the property where our apartments are located was once used for the SS Bachelors Oficers Quarters - I don't know how accurate that is but I do know there was military living here based on my previous finds. (see the pics below)

DSCN0240.JPG DSCN0236.JPG DSCN0232.JPG DSCN0220.JPG DSCN0217.JPG

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have yourself a fine collection there. I look foward to seeing more when your detector arrives. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread