SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that water hunting season is over, I've been hunting the shorelines of several lakes with my Tiger Shark . The water levels are way down due to a dry summer and I've been hoping to find an old coin or two. Shoreline hunting is pretty nasty. Its rocky, thick black goop that you have to smoosh around in to find your target and its absolutely loaded with pulltabs and foil. I dig with a trowel and use it to toss everything, good finds and trash into a baggie, for cleaning and sorting out later. That keeps me from touching the filthy stuff.

Two good finds, though. The first is a 1893 Indian Head penny. Its been soaking in Olive oil since last week but its still pretty crusty. The second, found today, is a tiny 1910 Canadian silver nickle. Its really small and thin, less than the size of a dime so it was a devil to find in the muck. But I couldn't resist, when I finally saw it was a tiny coin, I broke down and actually picked it up with my fingers. Couldn't see what it was but knew it was something old, and good. This one went in my pocket, muck and all.

Attachments

• cfront.JPG
    cfront.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 547
  • coinsback.JPG
    coinsback.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 547
Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds :)

HH

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya, I know that kinda hunt...my oldest finds came from an area like that 1857 LC & some war of 1812 musket balls

<-----plus the anchor

HH
-GC

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Nice coins.. big congrats to ya.. :thumbsup:

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I had to put my shorty wetsuit on today here in lake erie but we got a good month or two before our water season ends. very nice finds silver is always nice no matter whose stamp is on it.

keep up the good work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread