First time out with the Tesoro tigershark and I score my first 14k gold ring!!:)

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Hey guys! Well today I met up with Juju (Nate) and we hunted probably 5 lakes today. Some of them were duds because of the rocks that were in them. We only hunt on sandy beaches. After getting numerous coins and junk, I got a signal on my Tigershark which sounded like all the other signals that I usually dig. So it took me one scoop and I see a shiny gold sparkle in my scoop. I am like, "It can't be." I then shout to nate "I found gold!!!". He was really happy for me and amazed at the same time since this was my first hunt ever with the tigershark.

Nate thought the ring was stamped 18k but it turned out to be 14k. I looked and could barely see the four but the one and the K were clear as gold. When we got back up from the lake to the cars; nate looked through a magnifine glass and said i was right and it was 14k. I was really supper happy to say the least! :) I also got my birthday wish of getting a gold item wheather it be a ring or a bracelt. This time it was a ring and I am very happy! :)

Inside the ring it says 5/9/05 Always. Then it is stamped 14k directly on the other side of the inside ring. Me and nate are definatly going to go hunting soon again! :) Once the beaches fill up with people and we find more to hunt that are sandy.

I love finding gold. I never felt the rush before like I did today. I was really really happy! :) We hunted from 6am to 4pm straight with taking a lunch break in-between. The ring weights 10.5 grams! That is huge for a 14k mens wedding band!

First two pictures are from the first lake:

Mattatlakesammamishstatepark.jpg

mattatlakesammamishstatepark2.jpg

These pictures are from after the 4th lake hunt when i found the gold ring:

mattholdingthering.jpg

mattholdingtheringfarview.jpg

ringweight.jpg

All of the junk:

todaysfindsforjune7th.jpg

Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WoW! 8) Gold on you first trip out!!!! :thumbsup: Way to go! That one's awesome!

Great pictures!!!!!

Nana :)

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Sweet ring detectingfreak! There's nothing better than seeing that glint of gold in your scoop.

Man you and juju got it down with those wetsuits and fancy scoops. You look like professionals for sure.

Jim

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
holey moley big time congrats to you.. you sure did fantastic.. wohooooo :thumbsup:

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, gold looks awfully nice in the scoop. WTG and go find some more so you can pay for that tigershark!

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:notworthy: :notworthy:
You are definately the man and I am just the guy standin next to the man. That ring is so big the guy probably had to ditch it to keep from drowning. lol Lookin forward to the next hunt. Congrats again.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Awesome ring!! It is ironic that my wedding ring is exactly the same weight. Yall say it is big, but to me, it seems just right, and maybe even a bit small. I wanted more gold, but, the cost for such was beyond my means at the time, and, cant go back and change it now.

Congrats on the great day out, im jealous of you freshwater hunters, so much loot, so few waves! Im sure the biggest wave of the day was from you jumping out of the water when you found that ring!

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Narthoniel said:
Awesome ring!! It is ironic that my wedding ring is exactly the same weight. Yall say it is big, but to me, it seems just right, and maybe even a bit small. I wanted more gold, but, the cost for such was beyond my means at the time, and, cant go back and change it now.

Congrats on the great day out, im jealous of you freshwater hunters, so much loot, so few waves! Im sure the biggest wave of the day was from you jumping out of the water when you found that ring!
Lol small waves. I took a couple over the head. A 2 foot wave when you are neck deep is plenty big.
JuJu

RONC(OR)

Aug 28, 2006
Eugene ,OR
Detector(s) used
Etrac/ X-8-X-1/ /Excalibur 2/AuqaHog ~yayer
that ring is a honker I bet that looked nice in your scoop HH RonC

Cr4zyH0rs3

Mar 3, 2007
MA.
Detector(s) used
X-70 & Myself
That is one sweet looking piece of Gold you found there. Nice Hunting there I like the Tiger Shark to think about getting one for the summer next year. :thumbsup:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super job on the gold DF. :thumbsup:
That water hunting looks like a lot of fun.
Congrats,
MM

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool beans dude, that ring has some nice detail. I'll bet that TS is your new best friend. :thumbsup:

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the first ring find with the Tiger....Finding one kinda brings back..."wonder if I can take tomorrow off and hunt"...thoughts..WTG :thumbsup:

pjroo33

Oct 28, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome ring! I've never found a gold ring but hope to someday.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find bud!!! :thumbsup:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Gold ring D_freak !

It's realy Extra cool When there is an Inscription.

Keep it Up !

jeff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread