Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this on Sunday when we went back to the site of the Vermont copper. Had absolutely no idea, but with the help of PBK and Treasure Net, they positively ID'd this for me. I'm ASTOUNDED and speachless but I'll try. :D ;D. When I took this from the ground I told my brother I found an old jackknife.(NO KIDDING) After about 2 hrs. in my pocket I took it out again and wiped the dirt off to find it said "Artillery". Never thought it was Revolutionary War, Never mind BRITISH! Many thanks to PBK and ALL who helped ID this Fabulous relic and piece of our nations early history! I guess there is alot that goes on behind the scenes of T-Net that we never see. Now I know! Will post this in BEST FINDS for sure, and with my post here hopefully my second BANNER find in a week. I guess, from what other T-Netters have already posted and mailed me about this, I may have surpassed the "Vermontensium" Vermont copper find, that I thought I never would. Hopefully there are more Revolutionary War relics at this spot we can share with all of you. Good Luck to ALL and I'm so wound up I don't know whether or not I'll be able to sleep tonight. (not kidding on this one either!) HOGGE :thumbsup:

Attachments

• sp07-001.jpg
    sp07-001.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 5,925
  • sp07-001.jpg
    sp07-001.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 4,409
Upvote 0

pjroo33

Oct 28, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
pjroo33 said:
Now tell me..... Have you been back to the spot to hunt again? :thumbsup:

Here's your answer. ;D (or maybe what it should be)

LOL! You got that right. I'd camp out there till every blip and beep was accounted for.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the banner. It must be a great feeling to have two finds on the banner at the same time. I was starting to wonder about this one, certainly not because of its merit, but because of the length of time. Very well deserved brother. :thumbsup:

Rob

mark43

Apr 8, 2007
Peru, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 whites m6
i live on lake champlain............i can see valcour island when i get to the end of my road............look it up people.......the battle of valcour............i hope i can hit the shores of the lake soon....been too busy at work and i just got my whites m6 in the mail last week.....when i go to the boat launch(which is a stones throw away from the island), i can see the battle in my mind.........americans and british lined up across from each other......volley of canon balls hit their targets or going astray, landing near the shoreline. its worth reading and im sure you all have your own history in your neck of the woods...........history is awesome and what you have found is awesome too hogge...........congrats.

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Hogge,
Sorry to rain on your paraide, But never,ever, just throw anything in your finds pouch.lol

Congrads on having a wonderful week. Hope to see you on the banner again soon.
TN Joe

Brian in MA

Sep 4, 2004
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
Way to go Hogge....

What a great piece of American History. Good luck researching who it belonged to. Amazing !!!!

Congrats on the Banner too (again !!!!)

Happy Hunting

Brian in MA

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
romeo-1 said:
Iron Patch said:
Ok, when I see someone hit the banner twice in a week I'm inspired to get out there and help try and kick him off. :D Looks like I'll take my shot this weekend.

Yeppers!

You know with a little TLC I think your find is banner worthy. If you read this I didn't tell you the first person to settle that property was a Loyalist from New York in 1786. He had many kids and all are buried just in the next field from where you found the _ _ _ _ _ _ _, literally 100 feet away. :thumbsup: I was talking to the Cladman last night and the only find in the range of being that good is my Rosa Americana two pence which of course I named the site after. Must be 7 or 8 years we've hunted that field and there's still keepers coming out.

I bet this will make a few people wonder what you found. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions