Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this on Sunday when we went back to the site of the Vermont copper. Had absolutely no idea, but with the help of PBK and Treasure Net, they positively ID'd this for me. I'm ASTOUNDED and speachless but I'll try. :D ;D. When I took this from the ground I told my brother I found an old jackknife.(NO KIDDING) After about 2 hrs. in my pocket I took it out again and wiped the dirt off to find it said "Artillery". Never thought it was Revolutionary War, Never mind BRITISH! Many thanks to PBK and ALL who helped ID this Fabulous relic and piece of our nations early history! I guess there is alot that goes on behind the scenes of T-Net that we never see. Now I know! Will post this in BEST FINDS for sure, and with my post here hopefully my second BANNER find in a week. I guess, from what other T-Netters have already posted and mailed me about this, I may have surpassed the "Vermontensium" Vermont copper find, that I thought I never would. Hopefully there are more Revolutionary War relics at this spot we can share with all of you. Good Luck to ALL and I'm so wound up I don't know whether or not I'll be able to sleep tonight. (not kidding on this one either!) HOGGE :thumbsup:

Attachments

• sp07-001.jpg
    sp07-001.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 5,925
  • sp07-001.jpg
    sp07-001.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 4,409
Upvote 0

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
I saw this in What is it, and again a super find! If you can't sleep get back at that site and dig some more. I am very impressed. :thumbsup: Here is to a sleepless night. :coffee2: Banner for sure!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Like I said on the Whatsit's Hogge......I'd give up any one of my CW find's for something like that,an absolutely beautiful find.Before it was ID'd I was thinking something like a "batwing" from a sling buckle(CW).Again Awesome find and a big Congrat's :thumbsup:

pjroo33

Oct 28, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would probably be sleepless thinking about that find and what else might be out there too. Gotta say I'm pretty jealous. Definitely a BANNER find if I've ever seen one. Even more exciting than the Vermont copper, which is tough to beat.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know much about the War related items. I'm kind of a coin nut. However, that is a remarkable find. Kudos to those who helped ID it for you. The knowledge on this site is outstanding. It never ceases to amaze me. I was hoping to find some Revolutionary War related items in some of the spots I hunt but so far no such luck. Get back to that site and find us some more. :thumbsup:

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
It is great that you found some Rev War relics in Vermont. That is such a cool find congrats.

Michellets

Nov 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Ace 250 Big and Small coils, AT-Pro
When I saw that relic posted the first time, and knew that you were pulling some early coins out of that spot I knew it had to be something good. That area promises to be a nice place, and who knows, there could be even more good spots very close by...Check out high spots, nearby streams or rivers, narrow valleys, etc.... Ya never know :thumbsup: HH M

OP
OP
hogge

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ed-NH said:
It is great that you found some Rev War relics in Vermont. That is such a cool find congrats.
Ed-Nh....I live in western Ma. Even though it's a Vermont Copper I found it in a town in W. Mass.

Cr4zyH0rs3

Mar 3, 2007
MA.
Detector(s) used
X-70 & Myself
That relic sure is a more excellent find, but that Copper is a Dandy to.

Anyways congrats :occasion14: on your find. You deserved it my Friend. :thumbsup:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like coins and relics equal so to me you had a pretty good week... no a great week!

In your delight of your positive ID did you happen to overlook the fact there very well might be a cartridge box plate there too! If you think the belt tip is good... find the plate! :thumbsup:

pjroo33

Oct 28, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
I like coins and relics equal so to me you had a pretty good week... no a great week!

In your delight of your positive ID did you happen to overlook the fact there very well might be a cartridge box plate there too! If you think the belt tip is good... find the plate! :thumbsup:

Very good point Iron Patch..... I'd go over every square inch of that property with a fine tooth comb. And I mean every inch!

At what depth was it found?

OP
OP
hogge

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pjroo33 said:
Iron Patch said:

Very good point Iron Patch..... I'd go over every square inch of that property with a fine tooth comb. And I mean every inch!

At what depth was it found?
Bounced between 4-6" on my Prizm IV. I remember it so well because it was the first thing I dug on Sunday within 5 mins. of being ther and just threw it in my pocket.

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
very nice, what kind of metal is it made from ? brass/copper/pewter ?
sleep ? I'd be dancing a jig till dawn.

pjroo33

Oct 28, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to see a couple more pictures. Was it found in an area with a known history of battle? Wooded area? Give us some details! :D

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find congrats!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is Most CERTAINLY a BANNER find--in terms of Rarity and VALUE. $$$$ I hope it makes it up there. We need a good Rev. War piece on the banner, and it has been a good while since one has been posted here that was more than a musketball.

Great find,

Buckles

-P.S. My Banner "vote" is in--how about yours? :wink:

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely sweet relic! That has to be very rare, I have never seen one dug or not. I love the old military stuff. I just knew it was going to be something cool when I saw it but couldn't figure out what it was. Keep at it bud, I love seeing this type of find posted.

Steve

P.S. You got my nomination for banner! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread