My machine made it!

*Dig-Dug*

Aug 13, 2008
Herndon, VA - Kill Devil Hills, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Bandito II
My machine made it from the States finally. It's been awhile since I used it so I decided to it the sandy playground in my apartment complex here in Frankfurt, Germany. I made the usual finds of coins, kids jewlery and toy cars. The Surprise find was a spent 50 Cal cartridge from WWII. Doing research the markings indicate the round was manufactured in Conneticut (sp?) by Remington Arms for the war effort in 1942. I suspect this round is from one of our aircraft that routinely bombed the City of Frankfurt though I suppose it could have been fired from some of our mobile armor from the period (I don't know much about the ground action in and around the city) I have made some neat German military finds on this property in years past but this is my first American find from the war. See the pics below. I'm heading back for a little more this evening -

Foreign coin count -
3 ea - 1 Euro 2 ea - 10 Pfennig 1 ea - 2 Polish Zloty 1 ea - 10 Czech Kroner
2 ea - 50 Euro cents 1 ea - 05 Pfennig
1 ea - 20 Euro cents 1 ea - 02 Pfennig
4 ea - 10 Euro cents
2 ea - 05 Euro cents
1 ea - 02 Euro cents
4 ea - 01 Euro cents

US clad coin count -
6 ea - Washington Quarters
3 ea - Jefferson Nickles
6 ea - Roosevelt Dimes
4 ea - Lincoln Cents

Misc Finds -
1 ea - Tonka dump truck
2 ea - broken junk jewlery
1 ea - glass button (eyeball find)
1 ea - WWII 50 Cal cartridge, Remington Arms 1942

DSCN3088.JPG DSCN3089.JPG DSCN3090.JPG DSCN3092.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN3091.JPG
    DSCN3091.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 444
Upvote 0

fishalaska24

Aug 2, 2008
Fort Meade, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500
Way to go on your finds! I live about an hour south of you and you'll quickly see that those .50Cal cartridges are ALL OVER THE PLACE! hahaha, I literally find at least 3 each time I go out, but usually more. You're lucky that the playgrounds are sandy there, they redid all the playgrounds here to make them "safe." Instead of sand there is a hard rubber flooring. -Cant detect that. LOL Anyways, nice job and keep us posted on your finds!

Jake :thumbsup:

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now thats what I call some good hunting. Will be looking for more of your finds.

Mr_Mojo_Risin

Apr 29, 2008
Eau Claire, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Cool fings. If you asked a local they probably liken the German coins you found to us finding a ton of clad here in the States.

OP
OP
*Dig-Dug*

*Dig-Dug*

Aug 13, 2008
Herndon, VA - Kill Devil Hills, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Bandito II
I enjoy finding them them better than the clad - each one of them EURO coins is currently worth 1.45 of ours. in other words 1 EURO = $1.45. The 2 Euro coins are even better finds at $2.90.

fishalaska24

Aug 2, 2008
Fort Meade, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500
OBX Slumlord said:
I enjoy finding them them better than the clad - each one of them EURO coins is currently worth 1.45 of ours. in other words 1 EURO = $1.45. The 2 Euro coins are even better finds at $2.90.

LOL true that. Everytime I strike a 2 EURO coin I feel like it's PAYDAY! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread