Really Cool Old Lead Soldier

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
I have saw others post similar finds to this but this is a first for me. I was thinking about how soreknees hit that house a 2nd time and found some cool things... so I thought I would take the advice I gave to him and hunt again at a very old house I have pounded to death. I have pulled a '07 IH, 1928 SLQ, 2 dateless Buffalos, 30 wheats or so, a pocket knife, dizzy dean baseball pin for the 40's, a few old keys, and other various neat things..... the yard is decent sized but I havent found much the last several times I hunted it. I cranked up the settings on the trusty XLT and off I went. Put in about an hour and half there and came out with a '53 wheatie, 2 keys, and this neat little lead soldier.... any ideas as to age or value? It looks like a WWI soldier... so I was guessing maybe from the 20's-30's.......the quarter is just for sizing...... only wish I could have hit silver within the past month LOL

Attachments

• s3.jpg
    s3.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 474
  • s4.jpg
    s4.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 478
Upvote 0

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat find, I have one just like that minus his head! LOL!

Steve

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Found a WW2 one kinda like that. They made them from 1935 to 1942. Then they called upon the company to use the lead for, your guessed it, bullets and such. No more lead toy soldiers. I saw some on ebay for a few bucks. Nice find to add to the collection..WTG...jgas

OP
OP
M

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
you know I was really shocked that these dont go for more on Ebay..... I really thought an intact one would be rarer than it is LOL Goes to show what I know about the rarity of objects found

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find Randy. And you just broke into the silver years on that coin.

SKD
Your best customer...lol

Possumguts

May 4, 2008
Western NYS
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I hunted an old farm dating to the 1880's and the owner who was 87 years old had lived there from the day he was born. I found 5 lead soldiers in his yard and he remembered making them for his kids. Later, he found a half dozen of them he had made, along with the mold in the barn. Must have been that was common in rural America in those times. Nice finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread