23 For 23!! 5 Silver, 16 Wheats ~ Sterling Medal, Sterling CZ Earring!!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello My Friends!!

It was yet another fine day in the turf this morning!! I managed 21 keepers today in my "Honey Hole" spot in a little over 3 hrs. The breakdown was 5 Silver (1 gem '53 Washington, 2 '44 Mercs, 1 Sterling St. Christopher Medal, 1 .925 CZ earring), along with 16 Wheaties(dates '30-'58). Most of the coins, along with the sterling religious medal were down around 9". I was picking through the low conductor trash and iron at a very slow pace to hear those deepies. This was not a new spot. It was the same spot I've been hunting now for the past 3-4 weeks. Sometimes I wonder how I missed these signals before when I see my old plugs right next to some of these finds I made today. It has a lot to do with the angle you swing your coil over the ground in relation to the trash and deep keeper targets. That's what makes it so much fun for me!! Mike(ratman) joined me for a little today, and we compared some signals between his Quattro and my SE. In almost all of the deep coin signals, the SE gave a more truer/solid fluty response than Mike's Quattro did.

I'm starting to lose count of the number of consecutive hunts I've struck silver with my SE Pro Coil ??? .....I believe I'm at 23 now!!

The ring on top of my Wheaties was a beach find in the wet sand on Tuesday about 10 down from the surfline. I was detecting with DrJoePrime that day. It sure was a heart stopper when I saw it gleaming in the bottom of my scoop. There was no corrosion on it. Unfortunately, my diamond tester said CZ's. :'( That's one of my better junk rings I've ever found.

Thanks for looking and responding!! :thumbsup:
Keep The Passion High!!

HH,
CAPTN "SE"
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_2906_sm.jpg
    IMG_2906_sm.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 673
  • St_Christopher_Ag_091108.jpg
    St_Christopher_Ag_091108.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 685
  • silver_earring_CZ_091108.jpg
    silver_earring_CZ_091108.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 673
  • IMG_2912_sm.jpg
    IMG_2912_sm.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 664
Upvote 0

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations once again.

I've got to get down to SD and hunt with you so you can help with my SE setup:)

Lloyd

John Deere Digger

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2007
So Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Prism5, Minelab SE
WTG Dan, those silvers are sure pretty. Hope our parks keep giving up coins like yours does. I think your are right, hit all those trashy spots that coins are coming out of at different angles and more signals surface. HH
JDD

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Love the Merc's Capt'n , they look like the were just minted !! :o

Congrats :icon_thumright:

Derek 8)

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Dan the Real Good Detecting Man, :icon_sunny:

Yup, folks, 23 for 23 just happened, but 24 for 24, 25 for 25, 26 for 26, 27 for 27, 28 for 28, 29 for 29, 30 for 30, 31 for 31, 32 for 32, 33 for 33, 34 for 34, 35 for 35, 36 for 36, 37 for 37, 38 for 38, 39 for 39, 40 for 40, 41 for 41, 42 for 42, 43 for 43, 44 for 44, 45 for 45, 46 for 46, 47 for 47, 48 for 48, 49 for 49, and 50 for 50 are GUARANTEED to happen! :headbang: :icon_salut: Captain, we all know that you're going to pull through for us on every single outing. Heck, you could just say, "Fellow Tnetters, I am 6745 for 6745 on wilver excavations," and we wouldn't doubt that claim one bit! :notworthy:

Keep on making metal datecting history, my good friend from SoCal! :wav: There are wilvers to be found and a streak to continue.

Kyle

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
What can I say Captn....another fine day at the Honey Hole...23 and counting. You will be in therapy if you get skunked some time...I hope that never happens. I beleive your streak will remain alive until of course you single handedly remove all silver from the planet, and I believe you may be the man to do it! :tongue3: Oh yeh, get a safe, a big one for all that shiny stuff! :thumbsup: Good luck on #24! jgas

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Another killer batch man.

I bet if you lived in the NE you'd have a hoard of pre 1900 stuff. Keep up the good work man.

HH Jer

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Dan the Big Time Wilver Man,

Wooooohooooooo, I love it, dude! thumbsup Holy s**t, this is starting to become like God power. Wink

Wooooohooooo, are you ever going to slow down? Wink

Woooooohooooo, you are the REAL man! Wink Cheesy

Woooooohoooooo, *cough, cough*, I can't "Woooooohoooooo" anymore. tongue3 Wink Cheesy

Keep your coil low and your passion high! thumbsup

Kirk

Thanks Kirk!!
Sounds like I just made you spaz out! ;D ;D
I'll do my best, as always!!
Keep The Passion Real High, my friend from PA!!

Love the ring and the saint christopher medal!!!! Smiley

Thanks, DF!! Find some silver coins!!

Congrats on the SWEET!!!!!!!! FINDS Dan thumbsup
The silvers are Awesome

Thanks, Golden1!! Good luck to you!!

Really nice haul on the silver Dan, I'm beginning to think that you are a Silver Magnet. Continued Success and HH.

Thanks, TopDog!! Actually, my SE is the silver-magnet. It just tells me where to find the silver! ;D :tongue3:

Way to go. I am impressed by your streak. Look out Cal Ripkin.
Dman

Thanks, Dman!! Look out Joe DiMaggio!!

Congrats Dan !!!! To bad the diamond was not real you could have bought another pro coil and hunted with both hands.HA HA Have a good one and Good luck on your next hunt.I have a great collection of low budget rings.Great hunt and love all of the Goodies.

Thanks, Gary!! Another Pro Coil? Sounds like a plan! ::) But "CAPTN E-TRAC" just doesn't have a good flow to it! :-\ Gotta be another SE Pro!! Good luck to you too!!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Thanks, CrazyJarHead!! I hope I can return the same reply on your next post!! :thumbsup:

Grin Grin Grin Grin icon_sunny icon_king icon_king icon_king icon_sunny Grin Grin Grin Grin

Dan, you da man!!!

Thanks, KimsDad!! Best of luck to you!! :thumbsup:

Keep up that streak of luck! Congrats!
CurbdiggerCarl

Thanks, CurbDiggerCarl!! I will do my best to get to 2 Dozen!!

super nice

Thanks, KwdStalker!! Your recent posts have been great!!

Hope you had your tongue hanging out on your 23rd hunt with silver, Michael Jordan style ;-)

Slam dunk Dan!!!!

Thanks, RootMaster!! Thanks for that pic!! It's so much Kobe, Kobe now. :-X It was good to see a pic of "The Master"!!

Congratulations once again.

I've got to get down to SD and hunt with you so you can help with my SE setup:)

Lloyd

Thanks, Lloyd!! Good to hear from you again!! Hope you've been finding "The Good Stuff"!!
Take care!!

Awesome digs my friend. You are a silver magnet...and I hope the streak continues.

Thanks, Bryce!! This streak has gone much longer than I expected!! I'll try my best for 2 Dozen!!
Take care!!

WTG Dan, those silvers are sure pretty. Hope our parks keep giving up coins like yours does. I think your are right, hit all those trashy spots that coins are coming out of at different angles and more signals surface. HH
JDD

Thanks, JDD!! You've got it. Work different angles when you go back to a spot numerous times. I keep finding keepers each time I do!!

Love the Merc's Capt'n , they look like the were just minted !! Shocked

Congrats icon_thumright

Derek

Thanks, Derek!! Yes, the mercs are in great shape, just as the Washington is!!
Good luck to you!!

Dan the Real Good Detecting Man, icon_sunny

Yup, folks, 23 for 23 just happened, but 24 for 24, 25 for 25, 26 for 26, 27 for 27, 28 for 28, 29 for 29, 30 for 30, 31 for 31, 32 for 32, 33 for 33, 34 for 34, 35 for 35, 36 for 36, 37 for 37, 38 for 38, 39 for 39, 40 for 40, 41 for 41, 42 for 42, 43 for 43, 44 for 44, 45 for 45, 46 for 46, 47 for 47, 48 for 48, 49 for 49, and 50 for 50 are GUARANTEED to happen! headbang icon_salut Captain, we all know that you're going to pull through for us on every single outing. Heck, you could just say, "Fellow Tnetters, I am 6745 for 6745 on wilver excavations," and we wouldn't doubt that claim one bit! not worthy

Keep on making metal datecting history, my good friend from SoCal! wav There are wilvers to be found and a streak to continue.

Kyle

Help me!!! I'm wilting under the pressure......Nooooooo ;D ;D ;D
Thanks, Kyle. I appreciate your overflowing confidence!!
I know you will redeem yourself from last week's outing!! :thumbsup:
Keep The Passion High, my friend from PA!!

What can I say Captn....another fine day at the Honey Hole...23 and counting. You will be in therapy if you get skunked some time...I hope that never happens. I believe your streak will remain alive until of course you single handedly remove all silver from the planet, and I believe you may be the man to do it! tongue3 Oh yeh, get a safe, a big one for all that shiny stuff! thumbsup Good luck on #24! jgas

Thanks, Jgas!! Hope your streak continues too!!

Another killer batch man.

I bet if you lived in the NE you'd have a hoard of pre 1900 stuff. Keep up the good work man.

HH Jer

Thanks, Jer!! I'd love to take a 3-4 week detecting trip over there. I had a friend who did, and came back with a lot of good coins/relics!!
Good luck to you!!

Beautiful silver! Nice work! You can't beat 100% success rate in detecting!

Thanks, Mojo!! Good luck to you too!!

Thanks, everyone!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Dan,
I must have stared at that silver quarter for like a minute. It is so clean and shiny it's mesmerizing. :icon_sunny: Plus it doesn't look like much wear on it. Great picture to boot.

Do you use an ultrasonic cleaner?

Bob

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Mirage said:
Dan,
I must have stared at that silver quarter for like a minute. It is so clean and shiny it's mesmerizing. :icon_sunny: Plus it doesn't look like much wear on it. Great picture to boot.

Do you use an ultrasonic cleaner?

Bob

Thanks, Bob! That quarter was encased in a very hard/dry dirt clod. I didn't want to field clean it, so I put it in my "silver only" pill bottle, until I got home. All I did was soak the coin, and ran it under some warm/hot water until all the dirt came off of it. Then I used a baking soda/water paste to get some slight oxidation off of it.

Here's another photo of it. You can stare at it all you want! ;D

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• 53Wash_091108.jpg
    53Wash_091108.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 294

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds,

Great quarter !

Hey Can you take me on a hunt? I can't find silver again anymore....

Well done,

Keep @ it and HH!!

Dr. Ace

Nov 4, 2007
South-Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Ace 250
CAPTN, great finds, as always!

I have a question for you about the SE. You have found thousands of wheaties. How does the SE differentiate them from memorial pennies? I use a Garrett Ace 250, and I don't see any difference between a memorial and a wheatie. There is some difference between a zinc and a copper penny on the display on the 250, but I'm curious as to what the SE tells you when you come across a wheatie.

Thanks for your help, and HH!

Dr. Ace

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Dan,awesome silver streak you've got going there buddy. I was just going to ask you how you get your silver to look so sparkling but Bob beat me to it. Good luck with keeping your streak going!!
Jerry

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
man that silver do shine ! congrats Dan on some great finds :thumbsup: your really kicking azz with that new coil and i cant wait to get mine ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread