23 For 23!! 5 Silver, 16 Wheats ~ Sterling Medal, Sterling CZ Earring!!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello My Friends!!

It was yet another fine day in the turf this morning!! I managed 21 keepers today in my "Honey Hole" spot in a little over 3 hrs. The breakdown was 5 Silver (1 gem '53 Washington, 2 '44 Mercs, 1 Sterling St. Christopher Medal, 1 .925 CZ earring), along with 16 Wheaties(dates '30-'58). Most of the coins, along with the sterling religious medal were down around 9". I was picking through the low conductor trash and iron at a very slow pace to hear those deepies. This was not a new spot. It was the same spot I've been hunting now for the past 3-4 weeks. Sometimes I wonder how I missed these signals before when I see my old plugs right next to some of these finds I made today. It has a lot to do with the angle you swing your coil over the ground in relation to the trash and deep keeper targets. That's what makes it so much fun for me!! Mike(ratman) joined me for a little today, and we compared some signals between his Quattro and my SE. In almost all of the deep coin signals, the SE gave a more truer/solid fluty response than Mike's Quattro did.

I'm starting to lose count of the number of consecutive hunts I've struck silver with my SE Pro Coil ??? .....I believe I'm at 23 now!!

The ring on top of my Wheaties was a beach find in the wet sand on Tuesday about 10 down from the surfline. I was detecting with DrJoePrime that day. It sure was a heart stopper when I saw it gleaming in the bottom of my scoop. There was no corrosion on it. Unfortunately, my diamond tester said CZ's. :'( That's one of my better junk rings I've ever found.

Thanks for looking and responding!! :thumbsup:
Keep The Passion High!!

HH,
CAPTN "SE"
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_2906_sm.jpg
    IMG_2906_sm.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 673
  • St_Christopher_Ag_091108.jpg
    St_Christopher_Ag_091108.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 685
  • silver_earring_CZ_091108.jpg
    silver_earring_CZ_091108.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 673
  • IMG_2912_sm.jpg
    IMG_2912_sm.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 664
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
DAN...

Damn it your pissing me off ... ;D

Enough already ... WE know it will be 24,25,26 etc ...

Geesh I have trouble sleeping as it is ...

~ Nick ~

BTW ... ROCK ON WITH YOUR BAD SELF ... ;D

Thanks, Nick! I'm just taking it one hunt at a time. So you have trouble sleeping too? I can't sleep when I keep thinking if my streak will continue on my next hunt. :tongue11:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
DAN...
Damn it your pissing me off ... ;D
Enough already ... WE know it will be 24,25,26 etc ...
Geesh I have trouble sleeping as it is ...
~ Nick ~
BTW ... ROCK ON WITH YOUR BAD SELF ... ;D

LMAO!!! ;D

Dan,
That CZ would have fooled anyone. What a beauty! :o Congrats on all your silver Dude.
You sure know how to make those coins look good!
-Doug-

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Dan,
That CZ would have fooled anyone. What a beauty! Shocked Congrats on all your silver Dude.
You sure know how to make those coins look good!
-Doug-

Thanks, Doug. Hey, you've got a new Avatar!! I just noticed. Looks good!!
Yeah, those CZ's are tough to tell if they're real when they're shining all the colors of the rainbow in your eyes!! ::)

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
daytondigger said:
Nice hunt, that Washington is super sweet. Mercs look great as well. :thumbsup:

Thanks, DaytonDigger!! Yeah, it's a nice looking Quarter!! It was my first signal of the day. I parked my car, and walked down some steps and hunted next to an old sycamore tree. About 5 ft from the tree, "Bam", I dug the beauty!!

Good luck to you out there!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

willpond & LLK

Mar 24, 2008
Wyalusing, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Cutless, Tesoro Toltec 100, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Cibola, Fisher F2, Fisher 1236-X2
NICE! Keep your streak going! We want 100 for 100 at least! :thumbsup:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those guy's look like they haven't even left the Mint yet Dan....Any secret's? ::) The "streak" live's on,Great Job!!!! ....Damn CZ's :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
NICE! Keep your streak going! We want 100 for 100 at least!

Thanks, WillPond! I know 100 for 100 is out of the question. I'm hoping for 24 though! ;D

Congrats on another great hunt Dan!! thumbsup

Thanks, Goio!! Good luck with that E-Trac of yours!!

Those guy's look like they haven't even left the Mint yet Dan....Any secret's? Roll Eyes The "streak" live's on,Great Job!!!! ....Damn CZ's

Thanks, Civil. Yeah, all the silver coins I dug were real nice today. Just a little cleaning with some fine baking soda and water.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Dan the Big Time Wilver Man,

Wooooohooooooo, I love it, dude! :thumbsup: Holy s**t, this is starting to become like God power. :wink:

Wooooohooooo, are you ever going to slow down? :wink:

Woooooohooooo, you are the REAL man! :wink: :D

Woooooohoooooo, *cough, cough*, I can't "Woooooohoooooo" anymore. :tongue3: :wink: :D

Keep your coil low and your passion high! :thumbsup:

Kirk

topdog

Dec 2, 2007
Navarre, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
Really nice haul on the silver Dan, I'm begining to think that you are a Silver Magnet. Continued Success and HH.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Way to go. I am impressed by your streak. Look out Cal Ripkin.
Dman

t-bucket

Bronze Member
Oct 7, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
e-track- Explorer SE explorer 2 -
Congrats Dan !!!! To bad the diamond was not real you could have bought another pro coil and hunted with both hands.HA HA Have a good one and Good luck on your next hunt.I have a great collection of low budget rings.Great hunt and love all of the Goodies. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread