My first find! A gold ring!

Gigisdiamonds

Mar 18, 2005
Kansas
Hi All !!!? :D ;D :D

Well thank God, I found something to show my husband the Ace250 is worth it! So this morning after my husband just left for work I walked out in the back yard to practice when I decided to? go ahead and dig the first signal that I got! Because it was sure something was there! After looking in? the hole and not finding anything I looked in the grass. Well there it was, a guys big thick gold ring tangles in the grass! Unfortunately its not going to be kept. I will try to find its owner, the man who sold us our house. It is a college ring, with his name in it. Its in great shape and 10k. He was a sheriff. So I believe I can find him.

? ?BTW? I just wanted to point out I got my Ace250? Thur. evening and had tried to go out and try it out and what I got was hot, dizzy and buggy , even when it was dark! So by midnight lol I was really bummed lol. My husband had the attitude kinda like I would blow this work of finding anything off and that my early Christmas gift was a waste of money! And so BOY did I want to show him!

? So I prayed and had my mom and daughter pray that I find SOMETHING worth showing him. And so this was it! LOL I called him asap after finding it! And told him it only took one hole and less then 10mins and that was with getting the shovel!? So prayers were answered and my spirits lifted! Too bad that one of them that had me bummed hasn't changed. Like how hot it is! But when I can I will be out trying to hunt!? ;) ;D

So happy Hunting all!
Gigi

Attachments

• First find Ring 10k.jpg
    First find Ring 10k.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 1,102
Upvote 0

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very nice first, WTG!!!
It's a good thing your doing in trying to return it, I'm sure it wil make both of ya's day...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice find GiGi. Alot of excitement when you pop a ring out of the ground that big huh. You really want to impress your husband. That's cool wish my wife was as spontaneous as you are and would try and impress me. When you got god on your side you just never know what may turn up under your coil.

Wish you alot of luck with your new machine and impressing your husband. You never know he may get into it himself if you keep poping up finds like that.

You are very nice to try and locate the owner of the ring. It's hard to give up your first peice of gold. But if you do it will come back to you. I can't do it. If I am looking for something for someone I'll return it. If I find something in a yard that is someone's I would return it. All other gold is fair game to me.

Best of Luck Jer

rolfecat

Jul 22, 2005
Denver, CO
It's very very nice of you to try and locate the owner. I have lost valuables in the past that were found and returned to me, and I have been very grateful, and haven't forgotten the persons over the years. I am reasonably sure he will feel the same fondness about you.

Nicely done!

-Rolfecat

psgen

Apr 25, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 - White's Spectra V3i - White's XLT - Minelab Excaliber II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o sweet ring! keep em coming! :D

Matejko

Jul 18, 2005
Warsaw-Poland
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm V
Great find, Gigi !!!
Very nice ring.

Tell the owner (when You find him), that he has really nice ring, which was shown in Poland and made an impression!

Good Luck in further MDing !!

Pozdrawiam Matejko

Why do people in Poland don't loose such a things....? :'( ;D ;D ;D

DiggerDude101

Apr 19, 2005
Your doing a great job Gigi! Hey try contacting the local Sheriffs office. They should know where he is, after all they send him his retirement checks.
BTW where are you located? BTK was only about 80 miles of so from me.

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Wow Gigi...Nice first find!!! I've never found one but it's on my list. Funny, all the hunting I've done on scholastic sports fields, one hasn't found it's way under my coil yet?!?!? Congratulations! Hang in there, cool fall weather is just around the corner. ;D ~CO2

OP
OP
Gigisdiamonds

Gigisdiamonds

Mar 18, 2005
Kansas
Well it happened ! I found the owner!!! ;D ;D ;D And it was great to give him back his ring after, what was beginning to seem like a hopeless search. He had thought that his ring was stolen and gone for good! So it was a great suprise for him to get it back and in great shape! ;D Made a friend and now will be intouch, by email. :D

A great ending to a first find!
Gigi ;D

I forgot to mention he did offer a reward...but I didn't feel I should take it...I felt the ring was his and I was just the messenger. ;)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to hear GIGI

Congrats & Happy Hunting !

Jef

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gigi,
Go Girl Go Go, Go Girl Go Go
Great Job with the ring I hope you find some of my lost stuff. Where did I put my keys?

Kermit

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats GiGi on finding and returning the ring to the owner ! You both came out winners. Good Luck in the future.

Huntin' 59er

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats GiGi on finding and returning the ring to the owner ! You both came out winners ! Good Luck in the future.

Huntin' 59er

OP
OP
Gigisdiamonds

Gigisdiamonds

Mar 18, 2005
Kansas
;D ;D ;D Well thank you...all you well wishers for the pat on the back! I wish I had taken my cam to get a pic ...guess I was in such a hurry I didn't think of it! ::) Yeah, can we all say ...brilliant! :D ;D :D Well maybe next time or if I meet up with him again? He just got remarried, a week ago...so I think he will be a bit occupied for a while! ;)
Happy hunting you all !!!
Gigi :)

rabajohn

Aug 10, 2005
Woodlawn, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & ole Tesoro Silver Sabre
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Who does'nt like happy endings?....Sniff!....
Way togo Gigi and many more returns and keepables!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread