My first find! A gold ring!

Gigisdiamonds

Mar 18, 2005
Kansas
Hi All !!!? :D ;D :D

Well thank God, I found something to show my husband the Ace250 is worth it! So this morning after my husband just left for work I walked out in the back yard to practice when I decided to? go ahead and dig the first signal that I got! Because it was sure something was there! After looking in? the hole and not finding anything I looked in the grass. Well there it was, a guys big thick gold ring tangles in the grass! Unfortunately its not going to be kept. I will try to find its owner, the man who sold us our house. It is a college ring, with his name in it. Its in great shape and 10k. He was a sheriff. So I believe I can find him.

? ?BTW? I just wanted to point out I got my Ace250? Thur. evening and had tried to go out and try it out and what I got was hot, dizzy and buggy , even when it was dark! So by midnight lol I was really bummed lol. My husband had the attitude kinda like I would blow this work of finding anything off and that my early Christmas gift was a waste of money! And so BOY did I want to show him!

? So I prayed and had my mom and daughter pray that I find SOMETHING worth showing him. And so this was it! LOL I called him asap after finding it! And told him it only took one hole and less then 10mins and that was with getting the shovel!? So prayers were answered and my spirits lifted! Too bad that one of them that had me bummed hasn't changed. Like how hot it is! But when I can I will be out trying to hunt!? ;) ;D

So happy Hunting all!
Gigi

Attachments

• First find Ring 10k.jpg
    First find Ring 10k.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 1,102
Upvote 0
S

skydiv

to bad prayers for jobs ain't answered that fast anyway nice ring I'm still looking for my first gold

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find,

hh

lonewolfe

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
I allways try to return something if it's identifiable,it's so much fun to track them down and see the looks on their faces.
One more thing..If you bought the house from him, tell him he can have the ring back if he pays for that appliance that went out right after you moved in..ei furnace hot water heater lol

Kansas

Jun 6, 2005
N.E. Kansas
Good job GiGi !!!!!! I just knew there had to be gold in Kansas ! :)
About 25-30 years ago I was at a beach outside of Wichata on the Arkansas River. If its still there, that would be a great place to hunt.
~Kansas~

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on the gold ring! Took me many years to find one. I think the value of giving it back to the owner outways the value of 10K scrap gold. It's good karma, almost like you were meant to find it! HH and good luck with your new machine, nothing but rave reviews on the Ace 250, Mike

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the find and your trying to give it back,very commendable!! WTG!!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way ta go Gigi!!!!

Great find!!!!

;)

OP
OP
Gigisdiamonds

Gigisdiamonds

Mar 18, 2005
Kansas
? ? Thanks all!? ;D Its great to have the fun of searching and returning the mans ring!
? ?
Yeah, I do believe I was to find the ring for this man. The things I know of him are....He lost his wife to cancer one year almost to the day we bought this house. He was a Sheriff and kept the house in good shape. His wife was wheel chair bound and I found the ring down by the ramp! I walked straight to the place I found it!? It seemed to me to have drawn me right to it.?
It even has his name in it.

? ?And every body get THIS......he was in the same class the same year as the BTK and my sister trained the BTK killer for his job at work and worked with him. Its funny how the little things come together. We are NOT that small a place that they should! But enough of that.

Then he lost either his mother or mother inlaw in 2002 comparing the two Obituaries it seems to have been printed wrong? because it would look like his mother was his wife's mother also. I looked at them because I knew his wife had died not too long before we bought the house. I figured I might get some family names to call if I have to.

All said and done I think he needs something good to happen like this! ;)

I wrote the realtor today asking for his assistance in locating him or getting in contact with him.
Will post how this goes. Thanks for all your best wishes in finding him!

? H.H
? ? Gigi ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread