🥇 BANNER I STILL CANT BELIEVE IT-! chain-cent 1793.

jfx55

Apr 13, 2006
new jersey/pa/bucks county
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
fisher1266-x whites 6000 pro whites 5900 di pro/nautlis 2b
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Picture 152.jpg
    Picture 152.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 11,081
Upvote 4

ReidMan

Jul 16, 2008
Hampton, VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 main, Infinium water, TDI red dirt, 1266x if I feel like digging iron.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow the holy grail of copper. Nice find I guess you probably craped once you knew what it was.

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Congratulations on a cool banner find!! That is the sweetest large cent I've ever seen dug. Wow
Jerry

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just keep thinking about seeing that in my hand after realizing what it was. :tard: :tard: :tard: :tongue3:
Congrats on a great find!!!
Burdie

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My vote is in. I used the heated hydrogen peroxide on my 1786 Vermont and it came out beautiful. It's your coin, do what your heart and mind tells ya. CONGRATULATIONS! Hogge :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: WOOPS already made it!

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonderful coin time to slab it :thumbsup:

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I don't find many coppers, and I know even less, so I'll take everyone's word: Shazam! Haven't seen that word on TNet for awhile, I'll bet. Great find!

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
WAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOO, Mr. Chain Cent Dude, this is a BANNER find, super special find, and one helk of a great recovery by any standards. :notworthy: Finds like this are what get my metal datecting, Colonial-seeking jib up every morning. :notworthy: Finds like this are what get my metal datecting blood a pumping every single day of my metal datecting life. :notworthy:

BAAANNER...Yup. :notworthy: "Best Of" issue...Yup. :notworthy: King of Tnet at this moment...Yup. :notworthy: King of Tnet for the entire year...Yup. :notworthy: King of Tnet forever...well, I don't think Tnet will be still up and running 10,000 years from now. :notworthy: :D

I bow to your professional skills in excavation, preservation, and intelligence in not cleaning that buggard anymore! :notworthy:

ANALOG all the way! :notworthy:

I bow one last time, fellow analog using amigo! :notworthy:

Kyle

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
The super duper dream find, gets the blood flowing just knowing someone found one. You are certainily in dreamville, congrats. In my opinion this coin cant be topped in the american coin category for a detecting find. Not many minted but there was enough out there to be dropped and eventually found. We are all in awe of your find. I am in the process of sending my 1877 indian to NCS I think you should do the same regardless of cost. It will be cleaned by the pros and slabbed. Thanks for finding such a great colonial copper, I think the coin nuts among have looked through the red book at the chain cent at one time or another and dreamed, yours came through. The best of the best. WOW WOW WOW
NJ Marty

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
dude thats awesome! At least you can see the face on the front of the cent! I would have about had a heart attack when i dug that up! :)

The Buzzard King

Mar 29, 2005
N.E.P.A.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-5, Fisher 1280-X
Dang, I guess it don't get no better than that!
Super congratulations!
I just read somewhere that there were only 36,000 minted and only 2000 left in existence.
Pretty cool! The first coin minted by the U.S.
SWEET!!!!

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You found a CHAIN CENT??? Wow! That's awesome. Big congrats, hope there's something else with it, good luck and HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread