Aint she purty???

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
Ain't she purty???

I went back to a large playground area that I last hit about 2 weeks ago. Just goes to show that you never know what might happen between visits....
Somewhere in that two week period a person sat on a bench to watch the kids and lost his/her 1944 mercury dime! She was just sitting there about an inch down in the woodchips waiting for me this morning - all shiny and bright. I also brought home a quarter-sized token from Gator's Dockside, three quarters, 5 other dimes, one nickle, 19 pennies, a barrette, a plastic and thread bracelet and a plastic bishop chess piece. Not bad for an hour of hunting... I hung in there until the heat drove me out; the sweet dime was the second find of the morning. (She's my second piece of found silver - my first -and my very first find - was another mercury dime... but that was long, long, long ago... way back in January!
Ruth

Attachments

• 44 DIME.jpg
    44 DIME.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 659
Upvote 0
M

mchamby

Re: Ain't she purty???

What a good find you definately get an ata girl for that one.
Mchamby

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WoW SS!!!! She's a beauty!!!!

Congrats!!!!!!!

;)

D

Deadshot

Man Merc's are so pretty. Wish I could pop a few out. Congratz on the lovely coin

Keep it up.
Deadshot

morris

Jun 8, 2005
Arlington Texas

SaintSea said:
I went back to a large playground area that I last hit about 2 weeks ago.? Just goes to show that you never know what might happen between visits....
Somewhere in that two week period a person sat on a bench to watch the kids and lost his/her 1944 mercury dime!? She was just sitting there about an inch down in the woodchips waiting for me this morning - all shiny and bright.? I also brought home a quarter-sized token from Gator's Dockside, three quarters, 5 other dimes, one nickle, 19 pennies, a barrette, a plastic and thread bracelet and a plastic bishop chess piece.? Not bad for an hour of hunting... I hung in there until the heat drove me out; the sweet dime was the second find of the morning. (She's my second piece of found silver - my first -and my very first find - was another mercury dime... but that was long, long, long ago... way back in January!?
Ruth

Ruth,

ok so what are you doing copy-catting me? ???
I find a 1920 merc and you find a 1944 merc... ;D

Great Job !!!!.... ;D ;D ;D ;) ;)

Morris
Ocala,Fl 8)

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Another 1944 omen coin ! ?The number 1944 has been coming up in my life like clockwork for the past couple of months. ?Now it's kinda' got me worried. ?I was born in 1944 too! This is getting weird! ?JIM

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice find!

HH

Lonewolfe

B

Barelyclad

"Crazy 'bout a Mercury"

Nice find!

HH

BC

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Great find!!!, Congrats...
All silver looks good in my book... ;D
Good luck & happy hunting~

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

must have been something in the air this weekend! i found a merc too! congrats!!

archmjr

Jan 24, 2005
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1270X/Whites 6000 & 5900 Di Pro SL/CZ-6a
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Saint,

I think mercs are the best finds we can get. I have found more mercs over the years than rosies for sure. Not to jinx us all but you usually can count on a merc if you have a good period house site and some patience. I started detecting this year after a three year break and a few mercs where the first thing to fuel that fire back into the hobby.

Great Find!

Arch

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread